ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bell Insurance

Storm Grey 200
I just got a sweeet quote for a new car this summer, just wondering if anyone has experience with them? Are they good with modifications etc?

Admiral/elephant & bell are the same company. Never call them out of office hours !!! They will not understand what your talking about.

RB 182
I was with them last yera and gave a very competitive quote. good with mods etc but renewal quote was just silly. Went with Chris Knott this year which was cheaper all round for a good policy.

Storm Grey 200
Sick one, i just did a search and got the answers to my questions, time to save that reference number :)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I was with them last yera and gave a very competitive quote. good with mods etc but renewal quote was just silly. Went with Chris Knott this year which was cheaper all round for a good policy.

same been with them for the year just gone on the 182, the renewal came through like 60 quid cheaper than last year :mad: will have a search around tomorrow i think!

Storm Grey 200
Just another few questions regarding general insurance.

So if i sell my car in may and my insurance runs out in june what do i do, as i dont want to loose this years NCB.

But then i have to wait till june to have insurance on my new car, so i have 2 years NCB.

If that makes sense?

x

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
U need to either put a new car on your existing policy or freeze the policy till you get your new car, you can not leave the policy running on your old car because this stops any one else insuring it.

If you cancel the policy you wont get you NCB

M2 / Golf GTI
I'm with bell atm, good with mods etc, no probs with my carbon bonnet etc. Havn't had my renewal through yet though. Also thinking of changing my car atm tho but need to keep it going until July to get my 1yr ncb so could do with having another car to change straight to keeps it simple then just let them know your changing car now and pay the upcharge or whatever the difference is.

Storm Grey 200
U need to either put a new car on your existing policy or freeze the policy till you get your new car, you can not leave the policy running on your old car because this stops any one else insuring it.

If you cancel the policy you wont get you NCB

Wicked, cheers dude

320d
It's looking likely they'll be the next inusrance company i'll use.

If they're cheap and like mods then they'll do for me. Unlike Directline who are cheap but don't allow mods atall :( Wost insurance company in the world tbh.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Yep they're very competitive, Brett. They quoted me several hundred pounds less than other companies on almost all, if not every, car that I tried out. Even with mods it doesn't go up too much.

Storm Grey 200
Im still going to try Brentacre closer to the time, as they sound minty mint, aka love mods and shiz. Although insurance budget may not stretch

Ian

Focus TDCi
Somebody sent me a PM about them funnily enough. I'll probably give them a try as well, but can't be fussed with companies that don't have an online quote facility! Still, prices tend to be good from what I've heard so it would be foolish not to.

Storm Grey 200
Somebody sent me a PM about them funnily enough. I'll probably give them a try as well, but can't be fussed with companies that don't have an online quote facility! Still, prices tend to be good from what I've heard so it would be foolish not to.

ha, i can never be arsed with one that doesnt lol. I just wait till i actaully want the insurance, then its worth a call :)

Clio 197 08
I have used wither Bell or Elephant since i have been insuring my cars, both are very cheap, I have a new 197 and im 20 with 1yrs no claim and 1 fault accident and its only £1300!! However, u will very rarely speak to anyone on the phone that you can understand, their renewal prices are ridiculous (there is a way round it though!!), their customer service is pretty poor (i needed to hire a car after someone went into the back of mine and the hire company needed a cover note, 5 phone calls and 2 hours later they still hadnt managed to fax one over!!)

But, im a strong believer of you get what you pay for!!

Bell was the cheapest I found.

One thing to bear in mind with any (or the ones I checked) company is most charge you extra for paying monthly. "Admin charges". Bell charge 8.5% extra over paying for a full year.

Nope they have been great for me too. I have been insured with them for the last 2 years.

Wonder if they will beat the £600 quote i have just had from direct line though !

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
:D well my renewal was 1202, rang them up it then became 1102, then managed to do a internet quote on there site. 860 Quid, and with a flexibell im able to drive other cars even though im only 21 (need to be 25 with their normal policy)

I always do a quote as if I was a new customer, usually save yourself a couple of hundred quid.

Looking at going with Bell as they offer the drive any car 3rd party option and it's only £20.

I always do a quote as if I was a new customer, usually save yourself a couple of hundred quid.

Looking at going with Bell as they offer the drive any car 3rd party option and it's only £20.

as above, new quote every time renewal comes round