ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BELT AND OIL

Clio RS200,Impreza
Hello Troops ,
Probably been discussed many times before but the timing belt is due on my 62 plate 2013 RS200 Clio ,2:0 litre n/a engine. I work at a car dealership so can get one of my proper old school mechanics to do the job,not a young lad who is just a “fitter”. Can someone give me a list of the parts required ,maybe special locking tools and the best place to get them?
Also, it is due an oil change service,best type of oil to use for the engine and also the gearbox?
Annoying thing is it has done 18,000 miles in 5 years but i know it is whatever comes first,time or mileage.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• BC4CCCD6-D3DA-4320-B403-DA78AB1A5E62.jpeg
    BC4CCCD6-D3DA-4320-B403-DA78AB1A5E62.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 34

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as above a genuine timing and aux belt kit from RPD, I done the dephaser on mine due to the car having limited service history but they don't seem to be an issue as they are on the 172/182.

RPD also sell the genuine locking tool kit which is a must, and also following the Renault workshop manual, don't just jump in and change it since it uses floating cam pulleys rather than keyed ones.

Clio RS200,Impreza
as above a genuine timing and aux belt kit from RPD, I done the dephaser on mine due to the car having limited service history but they don't seem to be an issue as they are on the 172/182.

RPD also sell the genuine locking tool kit which is a must, and also following the Renault workshop manual, don't just jump in and change it since it uses floating cam pulleys rather than keyed ones.

Clio RS200,Impreza
Thanks for the replies.
I’m going to ask Rentech in Edinburgh to do the job as they will have the tools and just get it serviced at the same time. My workplace won’t have the correct tools which just makes the job longer or more expensive. There is a small chance i could be selling this car in the next two months as i have also bought another classic impreza with 400 bhp. However,i have become very attached to what i call “ the wee white one” due it it being a tremendous pocket rocket……🏎