ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

belt to left of engine

im not a car genious, just bought my sport as it was pretty cheapish. but yesterday i noticed when its ticking over it sounds like theres a belt slipping ever so slightly, which when you look into the engine its to the far left. just wondering if anyone knows which belt this is. cheers

Clio 172 Phase 1
The part itself isn't very expensive. It only takes some work to change it. If this belt snaps, it may take off the timing belt and that's disastrous for your engine ;).

ok cheers fellas. so is the slipping sound a sign of a change needed or just some sort of tightening up. cheers

take the belt off (should take 1min for some one with small hands) spin the tensioner's to see if there ok. if thay are put a new belt on. Cost of not more than £10 depending on where you get it from (not renault)

or if you work in an office (soft hands) go to a wilco moter save (or simaler) that has a bay and get them to have a look, dont let them fob you off tho go with them and have a look for your self in the bay or get them to get you when the belts off.
tensioners should spin freely and just get a new belt any way while your there. Cost a bit more than £10 but less than £60

on a a/c 172? I think not. Small hands like one of the borrowers maybe

do you have to take the engion out to do it? then its not going to take long then is it.

you should try changing a cam belt on a 3l V6 in a corsa then you can say its tite :)
even changeing the belt on my 2.0 corsa was easy and you had to take the PS and alt totaly off 1st before even trying to get belt off the car and could do it in 10 back on and have time for tea

ITB'd MK1
do you have to take the engion out to do it? then its not going to take long then is it.

you should try changing a cam belt on a 3l V6 in a corsa then you can say its tite :)
even changeing the belt on my 2.0 corsa was easy and you had to take the PS and alt totaly off 1st before even trying to get belt off the car and could do it in 10 back on and have time for tea

I think i speak for everyone when i say SHUT UP

LY 182

ke?