ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Benefits of being a Scottish (savage) trucker..

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
As I'm employed within the bespoke Scotch Whisky industry, I get to do a lot of scenic driving in some of the most picturesque parts of Scotland.

Being from a rough council estate from Glasgow, I find it all to easy to forget how stunning my country actually is. So I love the chance to get up the West Highlands.

Parked up in Stirling on Wednesday night and set off early Thursday morning for Ben Nevis Distillery in Fort William to pick up a load of casked Whisky to be delivered to Glendronach Distillery near Huntly.

My basic route was A84 through Callander onto the A82 through Tyndrum, Glencoe, Fort William then A86 through Spean Bridge, Laggan, Newtonmore then up the famous Malt Whisky Trail up the A9/A95 to my yard in Aberlour.

Few iPhone pics:

I now officially dislike you.

Immensely.

(small jealous) ;)

D.

1.2 16v campus sport
cant beat a trip from england p into scotland on the m6 in my truck, traffics always none existent, the scenery is great and the you can take in plenty sat back with the cruise control on at 56 :)

Trophy #490
I love driving up there. As soon as you get past the monotonous parts the scenery and roads are second to none! That road through Glencoe (A9, right?) is brilliant if it's relatively quiet, and the roads on Skye are even better. Only thing is, the picturesque settings are distracting from driving, so I always found myself just gawping in awe instead of pushing the car's abilities!