ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bent the flamer!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's an easy thing to say from a customer point of view but it's standard procedure.

Jagggg...missing the 182!
Be very suprised if youd run up a bill the same as replacing the whole panel.

if a bodyshop charges minimum 25 per hour plus parts and materials to replace, thats a lot of cash to play with. just because they dont have the skills to repair the panel. ive seen major damage repaired in rear quarters on several car for about a days work. so FAR cheaper than replacing the panel.

Jagggg...missing the 182!
Shouldn't be an issue at all. Any new panel should be treated with Waxoyl as par for the course.

Still not as good as an original treated body from new though. Waxoyl will protect the inner surface, but the outer is as good as the sprayers prep.

Pretty nasty mate, hope you get it sorted ok.

A similar thing happened to someone I know, the handbrake let go on an Espace as the rear brakes cooled and contracted and it rolled down a hill and into some poor sods dining room!

As a result of that I always put my car in gear when I park it (however then you risk trying to start it when in gear and leaping forward into another immovable object! :eek:)

Ouch. Gutted. I'm sure it's already been said but, leaving it in-gear FTW. On all but the steepest of hills, this should hopefully save you in the event of a handbrake failure. I never even use my handbrake for normal parking. I pop it in first and apply the HB only if it's on an incline.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Why would you not use the handbrake Roy out of curiosity? Just no need?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
As a result of that I always put my car in gear when I park it (however then you risk trying to start it when in gear and leaping forward into another immovable object! :eek:)

+1

Although i've never started it in gear lol, probably because i've always done this though

Ouch. Gutted. I'm sure it's already been said but, leaving it in-gear FTW. On all but the steepest of hills, this should hopefully save you in the event of a handbrake failure. I never even use my handbrake for normal parking. I pop it in first and apply the HB only if it's on an incline.

I too, always leave the car in gear.. Alas, it wasn't me who parked it but the GF.. She is spliiting the cost of the repair with me though to be fair.

Have taken it to two places now, both are confident they'll be able to pull the dent out without replacing the 3/4 so going to go with that.. Will be sure to post up the finished result..

On a side note - do you think £175 is too steep for a 2nd hand bootlid?

Cheers
Ben

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Fair price considering it'll come with glass and stuff, no hassle required.