ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best 1/4 mile tyres to use

Ph1
Bought a pair of spare light weight wheels. Im going to use them for when i go up the 1/4 mile strip plus as a spare set.

Which would be the best tyre to fit ?? They would need to be road legal as like i say i'll be using them as spares.

Im running 15's at the min and was thinking on the lines of going wide with 215 / 45 - 15's

Another choice was Toyo R 888's but iv read there a bit lively on the road in anything other than bone dry weather plus would i manage to get enough heat in them to make much of a difference up the strip.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Why you specifyin tyres for 1/4 mile...Seems a bit ghey.

Just go for an allround tyre, which will give you decent traction from Launch to mid corner and exit.

PE2, Avons's, F1's etc

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Mickey T's are the best then Hozier as 2live states. If you dont have a big power car just a set of 2nd hand Michelin ex cup car slicks will be fine - you can pick them up at track days for £20 each and they will last you 6 month on the strip.