ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best 172 pads for track.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
No road use what so ever. Just track.

Red Stuff?

DS2500?

Carbon L's?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've been told the CL's are gash, don't fit correctly. Never had a problem with the ds2500's myself.

lift number 1 @ btm
to be honest, the only one out of all of them that i have heard anything negative about is the red stuffs

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Yeah but they are £50 compared to £100+ for the others lol

You get what you pay for.

clio 172 cup
mintex 1177 on my track car with ap brake fluid. never had brake fade with this set up. the down side is that they make alot of noise when cold and the dust from the pads is not wheel friendly, so cleaning the alloys after use is a must(like most performance pads). i have a new set mintex 1177 for sale if ur interested due upgrading to 4pots.

ITB'd MK1
we've got mintex F4 pads in our wilwoods. not sure if there's a std clio fitment yet, but they're the b****cks. very similar to carbone lorraine.

Dont touch EBC anything, DS3000 would be better than DS2500 for purely track.

Can't comment on PF, though they do have a good rep

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
PFs are good but too messy.

Blues are solid but boring, no bite from cold.

CLs let you (and everyone else) know they're working.

Can't comment on any others, but for track use alone out of the above, CLs for me every time.

Lionel Richie
PFs are good but too messy.

Blues are solid but boring, no bite from cold.

CLs let you (and everyone else) know they're working.

Can't comment on any others, but for track use alone out of the above, CLs for me every time.

definitely going gay/turning Scottish in your old age ;)