ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best air filter for 1.2 mk3 clio?

Clio mk3
Not sure if this is the right section,but..

I'm looking to get a new air filter for my clio,but no idea what one to get. Been told that K&N air filters are good but i dont really have the money to spend over £40..

So suggestions?

thanks!

Last edited:
  Clio MK2 Phase 2
I'm looking into getting the k&n 57i mate. It's £70 but hopefully worth it.
wanted to ask if anyone's got one on a 1.2 clio and does it actually make a noticeable difference?

/Stkprod

RB 182 cup
You will feel no noticiable differance.

Open cones will make a throaty induction noise, standard air box will silence the induction noise.

Your call, noise or no noise, but dont hope for any power increase.

Clio MK2 Phase 2
You will feel no noticiable differance.

Open cones will make a throaty induction noise, standard air box will silence the induction noise.

Your call, noise or no noise, but dont hope for any power increase.

Noise for me please :)

Thanks mate.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Not sure if this is the right section,but..

I'm looking to get a new air filter for my clio,but no idea what one to get. Been told that K&N air filters are good but i dont really have the money to spend over £40..

So suggestions?

thanks!

Less Power, more noise.

Engine will end up sucking in warm air unless you have a Turbo setup with an Intercooler. Waste of time, just get a less restricted panel filter from Pipercross and use the standard airbox, its much better anyway. Its what I've done and I'm going to keep using it when I'm running 135BHP.

Clio mk3
so ive got a new air filter and it sounds so much better! it was all working fine but after about 10miles i noticed the engine management light came on and also the spanner and it displayed 'check emission'. there seemed to be no loss in power and felt as if it normally felt. there was a pipe going to the stock air filter but there was no where for it to be plugged in because i took the standard box out,and thought it was just for sucking the air in. if you look at the picture of the air filter its the pipe to the left of it. im new to all this,and im not sure whats wrong or if there is anything wrong.
if someone could give me some help it would be appreciated!
air 2.jpgair.jpg

172 Cup
Probably some form of vacuum line, I've seen people make a small hole in the new filter and chuck it in there..

Never bothered with a cone filter mind so don't quote me on it solving the problem!

Clio mk3
Probably some form of vacuum line, I've seen people make a small hole in the new filter and chuck it in there..

Never bothered with a cone filter mind so don't quote me on it solving the problem!

Been told to put a oil breather on it?