ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Air Filter

Cup 172
Hi All,

i have a clio 172. Was just wondering whats the best air filter to get either panel or Cone? and what type

Thanks

Glacier White RS200
I'd say k-tec or bmc cda, but there will prob be a difference of opinion with people having used different ones fella

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
The standard airbox and a ITG filter seems to be hard to beat mate per cost, have a search through the forum been covered quite a bit.
If not for more bunts have a look at the new Ktec induction kit could prob have a go at it yourself for less £ if you can be arsed :)

Track 172, Focus RS
Phil ive got a k&n cone on mine which i am probably taking off, have you got the standard box on yours?

One of these.

2012-05-29_11-42-57_691.jpg

ITG 70mm ram filter, 70mm silicone coupler, 70mm silicone bend, 70mm o/d metal bend. All found on ebay, works out pretty cheap.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I didn't rate the ITG panel filter at all, when I cleaned my old one I put a Pipercross (K-Tec) filter in it as a stop gap it felt loads better,
even when the ITG was all clean and re-oiled I still thought the Pipercross one was better.

Irrelevant to me now though as i've been running a V6box with a Pipercross for a couple of years now.

172 cup
Dmallett I was thinking of doing the same as what you have done. Would you say it is as good/ better than a standard ph2 airbox?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I didn't rate the ITG panel filter at all, when I cleaned my old one I put a Pipercross (K-Tec) filter in it as a stop gap it felt loads better,
even when the ITG was all clean and re-oiled I still thought the Pipercross one was better.

Irrelevant to me now though as i've been running a V6box with a Pipercross for a couple of years now.

Is this better than your Alsation fur special that was so good on the rolling road day ;)
?

rs clio 182
i just bought a itg panel filter for my 182 looking forward to receiving it ive herd quiet a bit of hype about them ive got a k&n 57i cone on it at the min just wondering witch evry thinks is better the panel or the cone ?

I've gotta say, my views have changed slightly.

At CSS I purchased the K&N IK from Danny @ 519 (the new one thats hard to get hold of), and have to say I think it's better than the V6 airbox now!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I've gotta say, my views have changed slightly.

At CSS I purchased the K&N IK from Danny @ 519 (the new one thats hard to get hold of), and have to say I think it's better than the V6 airbox now!

well timed bump, I got a few more in stock today :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
KTR 2 Rs induction kit is fantastic and it sounds better than any kit i had a BMC CDA on my old 182 that was a good kit aswell

clio 182 sport
i have had a k&n pannel filter in now after reading this thread on here about which one is best, get enough noise from my new exhaust ;)