ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Air Filter

Cup 172
Hi All,

i have a clio 172. Was just wondering whats the best air filter to get either panel or Cone? and what type

Thanks

Glacier White RS200
I'd say k-tec or bmc cda, but there will prob be a difference of opinion with people having used different ones fella

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
The standard airbox and a ITG filter seems to be hard to beat mate per cost, have a search through the forum been covered quite a bit.
If not for more bunts have a look at the new Ktec induction kit could prob have a go at it yourself for less £ if you can be arsed :)

Track 172, Focus RS
Phil ive got a k&n cone on mine which i am probably taking off, have you got the standard box on yours?

One of these.

2012-05-29_11-42-57_691.jpg

ITG 70mm ram filter, 70mm silicone coupler, 70mm silicone bend, 70mm o/d metal bend. All found on ebay, works out pretty cheap.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I didn't rate the ITG panel filter at all, when I cleaned my old one I put a Pipercross (K-Tec) filter in it as a stop gap it felt loads better,
even when the ITG was all clean and re-oiled I still thought the Pipercross one was better.

Irrelevant to me now though as i've been running a V6box with a Pipercross for a couple of years now.

172 cup
Dmallett I was thinking of doing the same as what you have done. Would you say it is as good/ better than a standard ph2 airbox?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I didn't rate the ITG panel filter at all, when I cleaned my old one I put a Pipercross (K-Tec) filter in it as a stop gap it felt loads better,
even when the ITG was all clean and re-oiled I still thought the Pipercross one was better.

Irrelevant to me now though as i've been running a V6box with a Pipercross for a couple of years now.

Is this better than your Alsation fur special that was so good on the rolling road day ;)
?

rs clio 182
i just bought a itg panel filter for my 182 looking forward to receiving it ive herd quiet a bit of hype about them ive got a k&n 57i cone on it at the min just wondering witch evry thinks is better the panel or the cone ?

I've gotta say, my views have changed slightly.

At CSS I purchased the K&N IK from Danny @ 519 (the new one thats hard to get hold of), and have to say I think it's better than the V6 airbox now!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I've gotta say, my views have changed slightly.

At CSS I purchased the K&N IK from Danny @ 519 (the new one thats hard to get hold of), and have to say I think it's better than the V6 airbox now!

well timed bump, I got a few more in stock today :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
KTR 2 Rs induction kit is fantastic and it sounds better than any kit i had a BMC CDA on my old 182 that was a good kit aswell

clio 182 sport
i have had a k&n pannel filter in now after reading this thread on here about which one is best, get enough noise from my new exhaust ;)