ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best audio on a budget

S13
I'm looking to get a new sub and amp to replace my tired Infinity sub and ancient Kenwood amp that have been thrashed but can't spend a great deal, I'm ideally not looking to spend over 150 quid for the both brand new, but I guess if I buy second hand 150 quid goes a bit further.

Any recommendations? Is 150 enough to get me something decent? I'm not exactly an audiophile but I'd rather not have my boot decked out in Mutant and SPLX gear.

Ta,

Rob.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
not heard the amp but i know the sub is very good, infinity stuff is usually excelent as im sure you know so cant imagine the amp being bad

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
Theres a deal in motorworld catalogue, £150 for jbl amp and 12" sub. anyone seen it?

is that any good? will that 1 amp be able to power the sub and soem new front speakers??

Audi TT 3.2 V6
that amp will only be 2 channel so it will only power 1 sub or 2 speakers not both. youd need a 4 channel amp or 2x1channels if u wanted new front speakers amped as well

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
russ9898 said:
that amp will only be 2 channel so it will only power 1 sub or 2 speakers not both. youd need a 4 channel amp or 2x1channels if u wanted new front speakers amped as well

cheers mate. will that be ok with the standard cd player?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
lol to run an amp you need at least 1 preout ideally, the speaker outputs are known as highlevel outputs, you can use these for your amp however sound quality can be dramatically reduced.

most aftermarket headunits like halfords sell will have at least 1 preout. maybe a worth while investment if your thinking of upgrading your front speakers and a sub.

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
is that any good mate? i just posted asking about that amp actually, i need my boot so 2 subs will be too much for me

Audi TT 3.2 V6
1 sub should provide you with ample bass tbh mate. as long as its amped well and a half decent sub it will be more than enuf 2 make ur ears bleed lol

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
JBL75.4 Amp
Alpine SWL-1242

£155.23 Delivered @ InCarExpress

It's a very good budget amp, and is 4-channel so you'll be able to amp some fronts up as well. The Alpine sub will be decent enough @ 250WRMS, though you'd have to use your original 12" enclosure.