ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best car ever made?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
well everyone has a different opinion on what is the 'best car ever made' as its probably the car they like the looks of most and what it is like to drive, for me i think its got to be either an original mini cooper or nissan skyline gtr! :D

TT QS
If this is going to be serious, for me the ferrari 360. Only because I love ferrari and when I drove it it was amazing lol

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Was talking to my Father about this yesterday funnily enough. How would you rate the best car ever made...

I plumbed for some volvo.

306 GTI-6
Whichever car top gear found was the first to have the now conventional pedal set up.

Without that, we could have all been driving cars with six seperate levers to do everything

Whichever car top gear found was the first to have the now conventional pedal set up.

Without that, we could have all been driving cars with six seperate levers to do everything

By that rationale, the first internal combustion engine was the best one ever made, which I'm not sure is very likely. Not unless it was a five pot.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I had a Citroen C2 GT for a year in 2005. It had 13 warranty calls. It was nearly a new car by the time it had all the parts replaced.

A C2 is not a good car, trust me.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I considered a C2 VTS before I took the plunge and opted for the Twingo and tbh, I'm glad I didn't go for it...

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I had a Citroen C2 GT for a year in 2005. It had 13 warranty calls. It was nearly a new car by the time it had all the parts replaced.

A C2 is not a good car, trust me.

I've owned 2 VTS's one blue & one recenelty sold in black.

Black one had a replacement gearbox under warranty. Other than that it was a good car. The Blue one was pretty modified & I had next to no issues with it bar a leaky rear window that again was sorted under warranty.

Easy to work on, relitively econimical, cheap parts. Go pretty well for what it is.

Clio
Has to be the RenaultSport Clio V6 Ph1.

The first time that supercar ownership was made available and affordable to the masses.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Small Car: Classic Mini
Medium Family Car: The Ford Mondeo
Big Car: Benz 600 Pullman
Off Roader: Range Rover
SuperCar: Aston Martin V8 Vantage

ITB BG 182
Best car ever made in my opinion comes down to the 1950's Austin Mini with how the engine was positioned and front wheel drive, its how every car was built on but in different shapes, a blueprint as such. It was also a very affordable small car from a traveller to the sportier versions.

The original VW Beetle, it made things in level of engineering for future cars to come, even if a designer from Porsche helped build the chasis for it.

The 1st Porsche 911, seriously every model of Porsche since has been based on that one. It made records for racing cars around the world and was the higher class working man and also a bench mark.

But if I was to pick any car, lancia delta integrale... Just man p**n all over....

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
I know this is a wind up thread but it got me thinking.

R32 GTR must be up there witht the best, the impact it made to the motorsport scene was massive.

"The BNR32 (R32 GT-R) would end up winning 29 straight victories out of 29 races, in the Japanese motorsport. The GT-R proceeded to win the JGTC Group A series championship 4 years in a row, and also had success in the Australian Touring Car Championship winning from 1990–1992, until a regulation change excluded the GT-R in 1993.[SUP] [/SUP]The Skyline GT-R (BCNR33) was also the first production car to lap the Nürburgring race track in under eight minutes."

Audi S3.

Oh, sorry; I thought this was the "what car do I own and therefore think is the best car ever made" thread.