ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best car for the track

PAJ

clio, astra, Ldv 400
Hi folks, just joined the website. I have a 1.2L extreme, for my wife, we have had it 4 years. I have decided to get a car for the track and have course decided to get a Clio

So which model is best for the track?

Is it worth stripping one out and adding a roll cage, remapped, air filter, removal of airbags, racing seats with 5 point harness. Downside of this is I will only be able to insure it TPFT (£440)

Or will a standard one be fun enough? fully comp insurance is the same cost

Any advice gratefuly received.

Thanks - Paul in Gosport

Clio Cup Race Car x2
Hi folks, just joined the website. I have a 1.2L extreme, for my wife, we have had it 4 years. I have decided to get a car for the track and have course decided to get a Clio

So which model is best for the track?

Is it worth stripping one out and adding a roll cage, remapped, air filter, removal of airbags, racing seats with 5 point harness. Downside of this is I will only be able to insure it TPFT (£440)

Or will a standard one be fun enough? fully comp insurance is the same cost

Any advice gratefuly received.

Thanks - Paul in Gosport

You could always check out this months Performance French Cars magazine (WH Smiths) and read the guide to getting a car out on track written by us :)