ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best coilovers for the road..

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Right im looking for coilovers, i dont reallt want anything too stiff but not to soft, i was looking at Ktec ones? also the weitech ones.. what are these like? got around the 500 mark to spend :)
any opinions welcome
Thanks

are you going for low or for go?

alot of people recommend the Koni shocks opposed to cheaper coilovers due to the better performance!
personally i'd go with Sportlines & Koni shocks, then try to get a rear arb!

200 FF Storm Grey
Agreed, I hate my k-tecs, dampening seems hard when you hit a bumpy road, throws you all over place, yet they still rub like a b**ch on corners and car isn't really silly low, so I don't see at what point they make sense

53 Clio 172
Agreed, I hate my k-tecs, dampening seems hard when you hit a bumpy road, throws you all over place, yet they still rub like a b**ch on corners and car isn't really silly low, so I don't see at what point they make sense

This exactly!! Apart from my car handling a little better than uprated springs, the ride is effin awful! The only reason why I went for them was due to promo price.

53 Clio 172
I have been in a 172 lowered on vmaxx and they are very similar to the Ktec coils but never driven so unsure what they feel like to drive.