ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best current phone?

my mates a jammy git. he been with o2 now for about 10 years and he has 2000 cross network anytime mins and he gets it for the bargain price of £40 a month lol. git

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
think i'm gonna swap to 02 get the 8800 and port my number, best way it seems.

As father and son....
wish i could david, need the orange here only bugger that works :( 8800 is hens teeth at the minute too im told

not wrong Hotshot they are a b**ch to get hold of. i couldnt even get them to reserve me one you just had to be lucky and call up when they get them in stock then tell them you want it straight away. also they said they only ever get 10-15 in stock for the whole of the uk lol

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
they are now offically a discontinued model! gues the price will be going up pretty soon!! , think i might still be able to get one though...fingers crossed.

no way. i wonderd why they had gone up in price so much. i got mine for free on upgrade and that was months ago. o well looks like they are even more exclusive. roll on the 8800i then. only problem with this phone is it dont take external memory but hopefully new one will if there is new one.

I've just ordered an upgrade from O2, the Motorola V3i, looks good from reviews & didn't cost anything. Never owned a motorola before... at least if its sh1t I can send it back within 14 days!

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Just upgraded from my V3 to an N70 on Orange, 200 xnet anytime mins & 500 texts a month for £30, phone was free and my account comes with £50 on it too well happy :D

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Nik said:
I'd reccomend the w900i.

Just dont drop it in a full pint of coke like i did over Christmas..........
eusa_doh.gif

w900i-1.jpg
w900i-2.jpg

This is THE best phone you can buy right now. (obviously when my p990i arrives then thats the best but for now its that)

30fps video!!

My Current favorite phones

Xda Exec/mda pro/spvm5000 - The best PDA phone ever made.(so far)
N70- Best "series 60" phone in existance (N90 is to big and the n71/n80 arent here yet)
W800i- still one of the best phones on the market
Z520i - Cheap but full of features
Xda mini/mda vairo- Super small awesome pda phone.

Last edited:
  BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
that w900 is just to darn big imo.

also bimmer the 8800i is already out...it's the european version of the same phone. There's even a black version of the 8800 out in russia. Another 8 series phone will come out but it won't be anything like the 8800.

dam thought they might have bought out a uprated version with expandable mem. o well. yeah that w900 is a beast of a phone. used to have the s700i and that thing was so big i couldnt get it into my pocket if i had my walet in my other pocket. surpose thats why mean have man bags now because phones are getting bigger lol

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Just ordered the w900 and from those photo's above it loks great.
Up to 3wks wait for the phone though.....

ian

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
the d600 was a strong contender but the 8800 is just in a differnt league ...in fact a different sport altogether.

Duz172 said:
I've just ordered an upgrade from O2, the Motorola V3i, looks good from reviews & didn't cost anything. Never owned a motorola before... at least if its sh1t I can send it back within 14 days!

Do not get the V3i, I've sent it back already, poor battery life, poor reception in places my old phone had full reception & VERY slow to bluetooth files. Might go for the samsung D600, anybody got one of these? are they any good?

RB 182
DutchRS said:
Wait a month or two and get the sony w810i... looks pretty nice.

Here

Apart from looks and the fact i works better in America or something it's almost the W800i anyway, from what I remember Tom saying before.

D

dick

ive had an n70 for ages now, i waited 4 months for it!

takes ages to start up - not an issue for me, its never turned off.

got tomtom mobile 5 on it, took a bit of doing at first, fine now tho.
great camera.
love the amount of games n stuff can put on it. (got snes and mega drive games galore on it at the moment!!)

the nokia n91 coming in a few month should be amazing. 4gb internal memory

howver that w900 looks sxy!
8800 dnt do f**k all! had a play on my mates

Megane R26
I had N70 but it was too big and platicky for my liking

Got an 8800 on O2 Online, which arrived last Saturday (£230 on COntract)

Yes, it's a pretty basic handset, but its a delight to use and own.

Recommended :)

If anyone needs to know anything about it, let me know. But in essence, its a 6230i in a metal case! Minus the Pop Port... LOL

good choice of phones RussZS had one for a while me self. only thing i will say about it is the batt life is crap but ya do get 2 batts so it no big deal.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Tom said:
This is THE best phone you can buy right now. (obviously when my p990i arrives then thats the best but for now its that)

30fps video!!

My Current favorite phones

Xda Exec/mda pro/spvm5000 - The best PDA phone ever made.(so far)
N70- Best "series 60" phone in existance (N90 is to big and the n71/n80 arent here yet)
W800i- still one of the best phones on the market
Z520i - Cheap but full of features
Xda mini/mda vairo- Super small awesome pda phone.

U got my phone !! w900 is great phone, the battery life can suck depending on what you do with it though ! ;)

106 GTi
Handy thread, just had a letter through saying I can upgrade.

On O2 here, My choices -

I see they have the N70, bit of a numpty when it comes to phones, what do I need to do/buy to get sat nav on it?

Also like the look off that W900 but it loks like O2 dont do it unless im being blind?

How do the above compare size wise to my old D500?

Cheers

Rich

Tom has the bestest phone brain stuff ever, i got the w800i and it is really good, ive yet to have a problem with any of the features on it.

Renault Clio Mk2 1.2 16v
I've got a Sony Ericsson W900i. Awesome fone.

It's also got an nVidia graphics chip so the imaging is awesome and the video is phenomenal for a video phone.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ive been waiting 2 weeks for mine now....
Hopefully this week

ian

im still abusing T-Mobile for not having the W900 and for having any other decent phones for me to upgrade to!
The N70 is ok but witht he N90 coming out its not worth getting, no 8800, no W900 - No fooking choice.

Looks like ill just have to wait until something new comes out for me tog et and flog to buy a W900

Lee

BMW M2C
I was talking to my mate who's head of QA for Nokia, he reckons teh second half of this year onwards they are going to be releasing some s**t hot phones. I don't think I can be bothered to wait though.

They've been working really hard on the N series, and he really rates those. They are coming with 550mhz CPUs and QVGA screens next.

I quite fancy an N80, but I only ever use it to call and text so that may be overkill.

Lee said:
I was talking to my mate who's head of QA for Nokia, he reckons teh second half of this year onwards they are going to be releasing some sh*t hot phones. I don't think I can be bothered to wait though.

They've been working really hard on the N series, and he really rates those. They are coming with 550mhz CPUs and QVGA screens next.

I quite fancy an N80, but I only ever use it to call and text so that may be overkill.

i just want any new phone to come out so i can get it free on upgrade, flog it on eBay and get a dam W900

Lee

BMW M2C
Right, the 8 series will be like upgrading from Windows 3.1 to XP, it will feature different screen sizes/resolutions, 3D acceleration, 3G, TV, Surround sound and DRM 2.0 as well as lots of other stuff.

Makes me want to wait now, but it could be a fairly long wait.