ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best external hard drive 250gb

Looking at spending about £40-50 on an external hard drive.

Any recommendations? And where from?

Have seen the 1TB but not sure if it would be a little excesive for my needs? But that one is reasonably priced...

I'll mainly be storing photos and a bit of music.

Bumder With A Buffer
For the sake of an extra £15-16 your getting 4 times the amount of storage space...yes it might seem excessive but im sure if you got a 250gb one then filled that up you'd go "arse I wish id got a bigger one now"

Thats just my view of course and theres plenty of better offers about I just found that one quickly.

Bumder With A Buffer
Some of the 1TB USB ones I see people moaning about transfer speeds...but I dont see a problem with storing it on them to stream off???

Any geeks got an input??? :)

Honda. Tesla Someday

I have had that 1TB WD Elements hard drive for about 8 months now, havent had any problems! Transfer speed is spot on as expected, WD is a good trusted brand and I have reccommended this HDD loads of times and everyone I know has been happy with it!

Make sure to re-format it when it arrives to NTFS (unless you're using it on a MAC).

I paid £90 for it btw!

Z4
I´ve currently got a desktop, and thinking about getting a laptop with an external hd to keep all my stuff on so my laptop doesn´t get slugish.

Would that work? Or is it a pain in the arse tranfering to the external all the time?

it would work but it will still slow down its just the way of the world like seasons and all that you can fight it but it will always win

i find it an arse forgetting to plug it in and take it with me etc

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I have had that 1TB WD Elements hard drive for about 8 months now, havent had any problems! Transfer speed is spot on as expected, WD is a good trusted brand and I have reccommended this HDD loads of times and everyone I know has been happy with it!

Make sure to re-format it when it arrives to NTFS (unless you're using it on a MAC).

I paid £90 for it btw!

Just got myself one;)

Cupra
Some of the 1TB USB ones I see people moaning about transfer speeds...but I dont see a problem with storing it on them to stream off???

Any geeks got an input??? :)

I bought an external case with an e-sata connection. It is loads faster than USB and saves hours on my backups. When you get into TB territory, it is definitely worth getting e-sata if you are actually going to be transferring 1TB of data regularly.