ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Front Tyres

got a 16V 1.2 '03 clio and looking for some decent front tyres can anyone reccomend some? which ones should I stay away from?

Standard Continetal premium contact (the contact 2 aren't as good IMO)

195/50/15 are cheaper as well.

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
Yokahama a359's best ive eva used, transformed the handling of my car - might be best to get a set of 4 tho if you do imo

Not a Clio anymore.....
Yokahama a359's best ive eva used, transformed the handling of my car - might be best to get a set of 4 tho if you do imo

Stay well clear of A539's. Ok in the dry, last fairly well but oh my god don't ever let them get wet..........

TeZ

Non RS : (

continental tyres ARE s**t,

sorry but they are yes grip isnt awful but my god u fancy giving it any at all round a corner and your windwos nearly shatter with the sound of them SCREEEEEEEECHING round the bend

nevr again imo,

i got toyo's and i love them.

Lotus Elise 111R

sorry but they are yes grip isnt awful but my god u fancy giving it any at all round a corner and your windwos nearly shatter with the sound of them SCREEEEEEEECHING round the bend

nevr again imo,

How ironic!!!

Conti's all day for me. I love em on road and track, wet or dry.

If they are good enough for renault to put on as standard.....

TeZ

Non RS : (
i siad i wasnt sure mate,

also yes i didnt like contis.

sorry for being individual :( lol

Skoda Fabia vRS
Nah teh yokies are good in the wet! hav to watch it a bit in the wet once the tread gets low tho lol

put some Michelin Pilot Exalto II's on and then tell me the yoko's are good in the wet

some of their tyres will be, but not the A539

mini cooper (RIP 172)
Eagle F1s personally, and deffo put the best ones on the back.

not a fan of F1's car seems to move more side to side out of the bends! my contisports where much better, but like said did make alot of screching when giving it some round the bends!

not had pe2's on yet but think i will be gettin them next;)

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
put some Michelin Pilot Exalto II's on and then tell me the yoko's are good in the wet

some of their tyres will be, but not the A539[/quote]

Are they the ones that come with the Clio Sport?

I'm needing new ones myself & thinkin of tryin a different brand for a change, but i want AMAZING HANDLING WET & DRY lol

Trophy #473
always had PE2's, just ordered some parada spec2's for the front today, see how they compare, I find the PE2's tyre walls are to soft, ive scrubbed 3/4 of the michelin logo off. run at 32/30.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
always had PE2's, just ordered some parada spec2's for the front today, see how they compare, I find the PE2's tyre walls are to soft, ive scrubbed 3/4 of the michelin logo off. run at 32/30.

is that from fun driving or kearbs;)

'07 Impreza, 182 sold now
pish.... conti are toss
PE2 and Paradas are best all round tyres and yes as everyelse says put best on back, check pressure when cold, blah blah blah

Each to there own but there worth a fair bit of time on circuit lap times cobnti against Toyo T1R and S. But hey the stopwatch is always wrong.

Nothing wrong with squeekling its fun I love it. As for breaking windows hum never done that I've had errr a lot of sets of Conti's as well.

If they are good enough for renault to put on as standard.....
Exactly.
pish.... conti are toss
PE2 and Paradas are best all round tyres and yes as everyelse says put best on back, check pressure when cold, blah blah blah
There fast enough I can keep with other cars with other tyres makes on circuit so they have enough grip.

Toyos are sheeeite IMO.

Can't wait to get them off!

Don't even like tracking them as they just roll over, scrub the shoulders smooth and don't bite.

And listen to the edde - possibly the fastest man in a DCi (I think?) on track :cool:

fabia vrs
Toyo t1s's love the grip but bit soft for everyday use !!! keilled a set in 6weeks (road driving only)

always yoko's spec2's !!!!!

(all the above is my personal op !!! and what i have used myself)

Facelift R53 Cooper S
i have F1's on the front and conti's on the rear

best setup imo

understeers in the wet (i'd rather understeer than the back snapping out)

and sticks like glue in the dry, if you're trying hard enough you can make the rear tyres scream lol