ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best go-karting track arond London / South East?

Hi guys,

I'm looking to book go-karting for my birthday. Probably around 8/9 of us.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for good tracks?

Also, if anyone has any karting tips it would be much appreciated, for example, should you break into corners or just come off the gas?

Thanks a lot
smile.gif

Mk5 golf gti
take your foot off the gas and you will spin out

foot flat and power through but get the tyres warm first ;) and lose as much weight as you can lol

hate it when all the skinny lads overtake

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Buckmore is a fantastic track but they are stingy with the laps for the money you pay. Well they were the last time I was there but that was about 2 years back.

Daytona Milton Keynes is very good and their Sandown Park track isn't too bad either.

Mini Cooper S
Lakeside Karting is pretty good and you can get a half hour session for £35 on a Monday night...

172, Tiguan
Have done Buckmore twice in the last year. Both times on Stag Do's. It's a good laugh tbh. We paid about £80 each last time out and got 10 mins warm up and then a 45 min non-stop race, which was exhausting!

Mazda Mx5 1.8 Mk2
Buckmoore park is pretty good shout if you want something outside.

Been to the team sport track at crawley last couple weekends and thats pretty fun, especially if you can get onto the international circuit which is spread over 3 floors with some pretty fun/scary drops.

http://www.team-sport.co.uk/crawley/

Mk2 Clio 1.2 16v
Rye House is epic, facilities best in the country, but very expensive.

Buckmore park is on par, be further for you to travel, but a really decent challenging track.

I see you're from Herts, there's Teamworks Karting in Letchworth, BEST value for money out of anywhere i've ever seen. Drawbacks are it's indoor & electric, but extremely fun.

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car
I did a red eye special at Buckmore last week, think it was £40 for 45 mins open practise (which turns into a race obviously) but you had to be ok going out at 10pm which makes for a late finish.

First time I'd been, really impressive track and karts were best I'd been in, most comfortable I've used and 45 minutes was no problem whereas the same time at Lakeside absolutely killed by skinny arms and left me with bruises.