ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best induction kit for a ph2 cliosport ? ? ?

n/a
im really unsure on which induction kit to get for the cs k&n 57i, viper, powertec? can anyone help please

n/a
where can i get one from? and are they easy to install? jus want more roar from the engine and hopefully power gain as i plan to chip her in a couple of months, will none of the above mentioned prove to be good? and i really apreciate you advising me thank you

Ph 1 172
maxogen, v6 airbox or i think ph1 airbox is supposed to be one of the best there was a review from a magazine floating around on here.......try using the search

koi

Audi S1
There was a thread recently where Fast Car done a test of different filters, replacement panel filter came out top.

Ph1
There was a thread recently where Fast Car done a test of different filters, replacement panel filter came out top.

Must be true then.. :eek:

Ph1 airbox and uprated filter flows (iirc) 70% of what a Maxogen does according to one of the motorsport experts on here cant remember his name?. No induction kit on its own is going to give you raw figures

"Uprated filter in the standard box " - where would you get one of these as i'm not too clued up on all these different makes & brands. How much would you be expecting to pay?

n/a
i dont think theres a point they aint addding any performance so i might just stick to a s/s exhaust and maybe a turbo near xmas :)

Discounted 1*2 parts
ive got a ktr panel filter in mine. never drove the standard filter so cant comment on the differences bit i plan on rigging up a cold air feed at some point

RS RIP
^^ the thread you are on about guys (from the mag. article) is moved to the sticky's !

And btw ; Maxogen was not tested along with the 4 others here which kind of sucks really. I was waiting for this one to be tested alongside the others

As for the V6 airbox ; it works really good. especially how i set it up now (straight to the TB) and i have tried some setups. I seemed to have gained torque + very good engine/throttle-response. http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=447554 I do'nt care too much how something looks under the bonnet but more about performance. It will be good to meet Henk again to get me car on the rollers to see what happened

With any uprated airbox i think you should also def. have a free flowing exhaust +afterwards mapped to get the real gains

n/a
ahh cheers greeny im going to take your advice mate, looked at the turbos and think i'l save up a couple of more grands then i'll think about it lol, are these v6 boxes hard to fit? and whats the sound like?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
ahh cheers greeny im going to take your advice mate, looked at the turbos and think i'l save up a couple of more grands then i'll think about it lol, are these v6 boxes hard to fit? and whats the sound like?

Fitting mine next week, ill get some videos and let you know on the fitting, abit of a pain but easy enough from what I can tell.

RS RIP
^ very easy, only a b**ch-tight fit , you will have to get another silicone elbow or cut some off the oem one .

OR ;) get a 70mm straight silicone connector piece for 5 pounds and go my route (which ofcourse is marvelous) :rasp:

Means relocating battery and flattening the ecu too which is a LITTLE more work