ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best iPhone contracts?

Contract runs out febuary, anyone know the best contracts for iPhone 4? Not really fussed about network, must have plenty of internet good minutes (300-400 atleast) and good texts (500 atleast).

182 Turbo Project
Last time I checked '3' had the best deal, however the network is utter tripe imo, worse network I have ever been with!

Slow red one
I'm on £20 month o2 simplicity with 500 mins and unlimited texts/net however you have to buy the phone from apple for that or from o2 PAYG

Anyone here who works for a carrier? Haha looks like I'll do some looking around. Don't mind buying the handset but not at 510 quid lol

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
My iPhone 4 was bought sim free from the apple store our other iPhone 4 was bought in tesco. The bundled minutes/text/data is fantastic considering it's only a 12 month contract.

I have no idea why anybody of sound mind would enter into an 18 or 24 month contract.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
My iPhone 4 was bought sim free from the apple store our other iPhone 4 was bought in tesco. The bundled minutes/text/data is fantastic considering it's only a 12 month contract.

I have no idea why anybody of sound mind would enter into an 18 or 24 month contract.

Its all Vodafone do!

182 Turbo Project

My 24 month contract is fine by me :)

A silver one
im on o2, 27 pounds a month 600 mins free texs 1g internet , i thank you friends and family !!

How do you get the o2 Friends and Family discount?

I get o2 Open through work (£125 cash back when I bought the iPhone 4 32gb), but like the sound of what you get.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
To be fair, it's not that daft a question. I get Friends and Family discount, but I don't know anyone who works for O2, or any other carrier. I get it through my work (which has nothing to do with mobile phones or mobile carriers either)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think i'll take the 4 in march as the contracts and prices will be terrible for the 5 when it's realeased, no point waiting!

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
I pay £40 a month, 750 mins, unlimited texts and 750mb of internet. Had to pay £89 for the iPhone 4. That's with Vodafone.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Stupid decision.
Ouch!

Surely the price of the 5 will be very expensive so i'll get an okay contract for circa £30 through Vodafone and still have a 4.

I'm not a phone geek who needs to have the latest gadget, and if I felt it was that big a leap forward i'll sell the 4 and get a 5? That's what most will do with their 4 anyway, surely?

The 5 will drop the price of the 4. But only when its out.

The contracts barely change. So your best bet is to wait until the 5 is out. Then decide. If you want that, pay the extra and get it. If not, get a discounted 4.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah I see, like you say the contract won't drop that much on the 4 anyway, going by the 3gs it's roughly £5 a month between the same tariffs.

I'd rather just get the 4 than wait another 3 months for me to realise the 5 is too expensive and the 4 is £5 a month cheaper.

I could probably sell the 4 and buy a 5 from apple and put about £100 to it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
As no doubt most will. It's a simple trend, there's always some peasant looking for the lesser model! :eek:

182, SQ7, Trafic
£20 a month with Orange with unlimited text, 500mb data and 800mins, I paid £500 outright for the 4 as it still worked out cheaper than most contracts!

Tesco ftw, use O2 masts so great signal. £35 a month, 750 mins, unlimited texts, 1GB data and 200 odd quid for the phone. Oh and I'll pick up the 5 when it's out thanks to a 12 month contract. :cool: