ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Lightweight Performance

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Ive got a Black/Gold flec 182 which i've just traded my old 172 for. It's superb!!

Being lightweight is a very important issue for me as i want the best performance possible out of the car.

What wax should i use which is going to complement my lightweight ethos??

Ive noticed a difference when i put a couple of layers of Meg's 21 on, but i've now clayed it all off cause it was too heavy.

Any ideas would be great.

T.

Vectra :(
You cant be serious surly? This has gotta be a windup?

If it is serious then you picked a bad colour, isnt black paint normally heavier? ;)

i'm totally serious, it really seems to affect my handling. another thing, i only got 2 sessions from my bottle of megs 21. not very good V F M, so if there is a good light wax available please let me know.

Thanks guys,

T.

first of all, your using FAR too much wax if you only got 2 sessions from megs 21. and in answer to your first question, there is no such thing as a light weight wax and if you really think wax makes a difference to the cars handling your a complete numpty

first of all mate, i didn't pay good money to join the renault sport team to be insulted by you.:mad:

secondly, when using the #21, i cant help but use so much, it seems to just drip out of the bottle all over the car. no time release. it drips all down the wheels which is a nightmare and affects the handling.

I'm really after a good solid wax which'll go straight on with no dripping problems. as i said before, it needs to be lightweight to keep any loss of control to a minimum. :dapprove:

172cup
lmfao... can't beleive anyone is actually dumb enough to take this thread serious

come on people... i thought you were better than this :rolleyes:

As I said, there is no such thing as a light weight wax. If you are getting #21 over your wheels its the way you are applying it thats causing you a problem, you should use a wax applicator pad and put it onto the pad then rub into the car, not onto the car first. It soudns like the reason your handling has been affected if at all, its because you have got some #21 on your tyres. The weight of the wax is ridiculously minimal compared to the overall weight of the car it WONT make any difference. Think about, a 500ml bottle of megs weighs approx 600-700grams including the bottle, does carrying that bottle back from the shop make any difference to the cars perfomance/handling? No it doesnt, so why does putting half a bottle of stuff on the car affect the performance/handling? again, it doesnt, its either you got the stuff over the tread of your and thats caused them to be slippy on the outing before you clayed all #21 off, or its a total placebo.

I stick by what I said, if you really think a layer of wax on your car has that much of an affect on the cars handling, then you are a numpty

d.brown said:
lmfao... can't beleive anyone is actually dumb enough to take this thread serious

come on people... i thought you were better than this :rolleyes:

I didnt to start with, but hey, i';m bored at work and its giving me something to do.

oh and tealface, what are you on about 'paying good money to join the renaultsport team'??? what team??

RB 182
All you need is a paste wax if your having problems with a liquid wax and use an applicator pad to apply it.

Some paste waxes that people use here are for example are XXX hardcore wax, 50/50, P21s, Natty's....

The applicators that you need are like the ones from this link.

I thnk you're right about me gettin it on the tyres. the front 2 have got purple all over them. I think i need some paint stripper to sort it out...?

do you think i should just strip the whole car?
Are there any good web sites to give me a better idea of how to use these products?

cheers again guys.

PM Rich i'm sure he will happily give you a step by step guide to cleaning your car properly. As for having it on the tyres, I would have guessed white spirits on the tyres would get rid, tho if its handling ok now, then there isnt a problem, and its just a stain left.

By strip the whole car are you refering to the wax on the car or stripping the interior? Stripping the interior is a good idea for weight reduction.

by buying a 182 "sport" i enter into the renault sport team automatically.

the dealer assured me of this.

when i left the garage, he welcomed me to the team,:D

Tealface said:

ermm... ok. lol.

172cup
Tealface said:

79397.jpg

thanks for all your help guys, gonna nip out for a spin and try to burn the purple off my tyres. if i keep the handbreak on, drop the clutch to about 5000 revs, it'll work, right?:star:

172cup
Tealface said:
thanks for all your help guys, gonna nip out for a spin and try to burn the purple off my tyres. if i keep the handbreak on, drop the clutch to about 5000 revs, it'll work, right?:star:

kid20in20car.gif

well, the good news is, the purple seems to have gone from the tyres, the bad news is when i took the handbrake off i went through the garage door.

think it really needs a total respray now. :(:(:(:(

i'm totally gutted. i can't believe this has happened.

anyone after buying a (slightly) used 182? slight scratches on the front panel.

i never had any problems with my 172.

T.