ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Mods For 2500 For A 197

197 cup
Looking for some suggestions looking 2 through 2500 ish into the 197cup probabyly engine and bodywork any ideas or advice cheers

320d
I'd personally go for KW3 Coilovers, exhaust and a remap. If you go over to clio197.net theres a lot more info on 197 mods.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You may as well open your bedroom window and throw £2500 of notes out.

Waste of money mate. It won't get any faster unless you spend £4k on a supercharger and thats insane.

You probably won't get much in the way of power gains from that sort of money, might be able to stretch to ITBs (just) if you do the work yourself.

As Brett said I'd be going for some top notch coilovers first of all.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
if ya havent got recaros id get those. some carbone loraine pads and a zorst. save the rest for tyres and petrol.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
You may as well open your bedroom window and throw £2500 of notes out.

Waste of money mate. It won't get any faster unless you spend £4k on a supercharger and thats insane.

This.

You may gain 10bhp if your damn lucky, I really wouldn't bother.

Ever done a track day? You could get it set up for some track days for £2500 and still have loads left over. Sticky tyres etc. Plus you will enjoy the car much more.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Don't bother. RS is a good car in std guise. Eibachs, done!. Cosmetically it looks fine, it's quick enough and the springs won't ruin the handling.

320d
Its not so much a waste if you buy mods that are easily reversable and have good resale value. For example coilovers, exhausts, seats etc sell very easily on here and if you buy and sell carefully you won't lose too much.

197 cup
Cheers for all that lads think i will just go down the coilover road and get sum good breaks id love to put the recaros in it but i cant find them for any less that 1300 which is nuts lol but they r nice

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Cheers for all that lads think i will just go down the coilover road and get sum good breaks id love to put the recaros in it but i cant find them for any less that 1300 which is nuts lol but they r nice

They are £3890 for a set from Renault ;)

Stagecoach Ticket
HAHAHA could buy my car 4 and a half times for the same price thats mad mark up! would love to know the price renault buy them in at

197 cup
yea i phoned renault that was bout right they quoted me 1500 per seat gave me sum bull sh1t story that they can only get the seats in bits and then have to get it made up lol supposedly u cant buy a full seat from them money grabers lol they r alot cheaper from recaro which is a surprise

Megane 225 F1
Just donate the money to me. You will see appriciation, not depreciation. (How the f**k do you spell those words)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I'd spend it on trackdays & tuition & you will soon see brakes are fine as is handling.
Std 197 is very accomplished car if you can drive, not think you can drive;)

Black Clio GT
spend half of it on suspension/uprated pads and some good rubber and as above the rest on learning to drive it properly/trackdays....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I got some H&R coilovers for mine, no harsher than a Cupped 197. Loved them

Was looking at 197's today on the trader, cant believe how much the prices have dropped, got me thinking (again lol)

Inferno 182 CUP
exhuast .. make it breathe and listen to it ;)
coilovers
panel filter
remap
silicone hoses
cup spoiler

Youll probably have change ..

197 cup
how much u wanting for ur recaros bud. think track days sounds like a plan lol. and yes i can drive lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Keeps for now, might end up with another 197 once i've sorted my house out!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Will do, they are very rare, so will fetch a good price, no wear either ;)