ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best mp3 player at the mo

i thought the creative ones were supposed to be better than ipods certainly cheaper

They are much more chunky than Ipods.

If youre not bothered about video can't go wrong with an 8GB Nano. 24 hours battery life, tiny and very easy to use.

Otherwise you're looking at a 5th gen Ipod which are pretty good too.

SLK 350
Zune lmfao, it doesn't even work with Vista and DRM software, or Microsofts own PlaysForSure...it's a joke. It's notably larger than the iPod, the battery life isn't as good (13hrs) and it will only play .WMV movie files!

iTunes doesn't suck either, iTunes is about as good as software gets these days. It's quick, it's easy and it's highly functional.

Last edited:

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
iPods are still pretty good but I think they are let down by iTunes.

Octy VRS
I'm still on my Sony HD5 but the iRiver and Creative products are very good. Every iPod I've had experiences with has had issues crashing, DOA etc although they do have a great swapout service.
Personally I don't see much point in video players. The screens are small and they ruin battery life.
It also depends how large a memory you want. If you are constantly going to be changing what is on there then I'd go with around 8gb and solid state memory. They tend to be more reliable and a lot more hardwearing.

White Sti Hatch
Zunes are class was considering buying one when i was in Florida but thought against it cause id never use it....There a bit big but much clearer sound and video comapird to the iPod imo

Mk2 Golf GTI
I can't understand how people can say iPods suck?!? They do exactly what they're supposed to and have a slick, easy to use interface. What more could you want? There might be others out there with better features etc but it's just a markeing ploy and one that doesn;t work as none of them can knock the ipod off the top off the mp3 pile!

I've got an 8gb Nano, great battery life and 30 minutes charge lasted me 3 hours when i nealry ran out of battery at work.

Got 1600 tunes on there at the mo and a few pics.

My mate has a 5th gen video. It's nice and slim but he hardly ever uses the video playback on it.

browno

ClioSport Club Member
There is another major advantage to the ipod - accessories...

It's not so easy to find cases, car adaptors, and docks for the creative or zune, ad certainly not the depth of choice you can get for the apple.

I've also said it many times on here, but you can't beat the ipod and bose sounddock combination. It's great quality, compact setup, and has almost completely replaced my stereo - the only thing it could do with is DAB, then it would be perfect!

Edit - I also travel a lot on business, so the selection of movies on the 80Gb video is really useful when you're waiting for a late plane!

Clio Cup
Ipods rule. Got my 80gb 5.5 gen one from ebay for £160, bargain. Have a zen is well but its no way as good.

Street Triple R
I cant understand why people say that Ipods and Itunes are rubbish!? :S Ive never had a single problem with either and I think Itunes is a really great bit of software

Ive got the 30bg video Ipod and I think its awesome, can fit so much music on it + films and music/comedy vids etc..its great