ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best MP3 player

Wanting to upgrade my standard unit, looking for an MP3 player.

Not bothered about dvd sat nav etc but would consider it.

Which is the best out at the mo? Pioneer? Alpine?

but CAS have a very bad customer satisfaction record, CAD are a very very good company to deal with, both for sales and support/returns

Polo + Micra

the 9855 will be out next month which has a glide touch to make the control of you ipod a little better

Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 29 March 2005
the 9855 will be out next month which has a glide touch to make the control of you ipod a little better

but no real improvement in sound :(

ST

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 29 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 28 March 2005

Alpine 9812RB, nuff said.

far better available

Yeah i know mate, but for the money there isnt really much that can touch it and most of the Alpine range for that matter in terms of performance and functionality IMO.

Car audio direct sent me two 9812RBs by mistake when i ordered mine just before xmas 2003 and i only paid for one, so i sold the other one on to a mate for £200 IIRC at the time that unit was around the £350 mark in halfords etc, so all in not too bad.

its a 2 year old model, it shouldnt still be being sold unless for a very discounted price

yes you will be able to get them, but improvements over the last 2 years WILL be worth the extra money, i wont deny it was great when it came out, sadly times move on, and technology gets left behind

ST

its a 2 year old model, it shouldnt still be being sold unless for a very discounted price

yes you will be able to get them, but improvements over the last 2 years WILL be worth the extra money, i wont deny it was great when it came out, sadly times move on, and technology gets left behind
Yeah i totally agree with you mate, a guy i know has a brand new Alpine F1 status head unit, around £700 worth and the sound it produces is incredible, probs something to do with the £700 dyne audio(sp) front components hes running.

Polo + Micra

so if i was to upgrade my 9815 bryan, you would recommend me getting the 9835 instead of the 55?

i would say so, only because i dislike the glide touch, its just as good as the 9835, its just a personal thing as to whether you want the glide touch or chunky buttons

Skoda Fabia vRS

ive got a 9812 and im very happy with it, although as Bryan said, if you have a budget of £500 a lot better is available, and its a couple of years old now so buy one of the new range

On another subject, what is the best sat nav dvd unit at the mo in the price range 500-800? I know the pioneer avic-x1 is supposed to be one of the best on the market but its a little out of my budget.

dai - that is the model under the 9855, just the same, some of us dislike the glide touch system, and prefer chunky buttons instead

What is the difference between the 9853 and 9855 ? I assume the 9855 is going to be more expensive ?

How does this work with your iPod ? Are you able to control everything via the headunit ?

in all honesty, not much, but yes the 55 is more expensive

and 172gal - the 9855 (same as above) is the best with the iPod interface

but CAS have a very bad customer satisfaction record, CAD are a very very good company to deal with, both for sales and support/returns

mailto:Abso-f*@king-lutely">Abso-f*@king-lutely! Car Aduio Security (especially their Hounslow branch) has got to be the worst place EVER to buy from.

Got my subs, amps and alarm from there. Dodgy fitting on the alarm and when you call up, they pick up and put you on hold until you put the phone down half an hour later.

They also book you in to fit/re-fit your alarm, then when you drive 45mins to get there, tell you the fitter is on holiday (3 SEPARATE TIMES!!!).

Spent over £1K with them and that is what you get....utter carp!

Deffo go to caraudiodirect, the best place. Talk audio (their forum) is blinding and so are the peeps there. Managed to get my alarm sorted by a guy there. Brilliant!

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 29 March 2005
What about this one ? iPod ready too.http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3920&osCsid=7896b8cedd09cc11b4fe29b515c3c10chttp://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3920&osCsid=7896b8cedd09cc11b4fe29b515c3c10chttp://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/images/b_cda9853r.jpg

Whats going on with that controls at the bottom then, where has the 1-6 buttons gone at the bottom like I have on my 9835?

How do you select different stations etc?