ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best music making software

clio 16v
Im after some new software to make music, I have played around with fruit loops before but wanted to know what you guys reccokend?

Octy VRS
There are tons, depends what you want to do. I mainly use Reason and Ableton but started out using Logic until they stopped Windows support.

Computer Music have a free sequencer, synths, drum machine etc available on their free DVD each month. Probably a good place to start to see if you want to get into it more. Pretty good stuff for free too.

1.8 Civic EX
Haven't used any for bloomin' years (studied Music Tech at A-level) but back then I always used Cubase and Reason.

Both simple for a beginner with plenty of extras for when you get more and more involved/experinced.

Used to love Rave-E-Jay and Dance-E-Jay too. Soooo simple and extremely crap but it certainly kept me entertained for hours on end.

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Its got to be logic, its a great piece of software. Very capable and easy to use.

This.

Used to use it in collage and still have it on my mac now to play about on.
Took abit of time getting used to, but once got the hang of it was great!
Spend hours on it messing about like.

Po-LOW
Haven't used any for bloomin' years (studied Music Tech at A-level) but back then I always used Cubase and Reason.

Both simple for a beginner with plenty of extras for when you get more and more involved/experinced.

Used to love Rave-E-Jay and Dance-E-Jay too. Soooo simple and extremely crap but it certainly kept me entertained for hours on end.

haha, used to love the Ejay stuff too, im sure if i used it now id cringe at the cheddary samples, but at the time it was the tits

ibiza cupra
i use reason3 but soon to be upgraded to reason4. its great to learn with then when you get more advanced, you can move onto cubase and use a shed load of vst`s with it as well.

cubase 5 is the way ahead . i have used it since the start of the pc making music . berofre that i used to use cubase for atari long time ago alberton is fine but the midi and the audio will drift of after time . i use cubase 5 with a s**t loads of plugins and soft synths and a macke control pro and control pro extender and the mackie c4 controller . and a roland jd800 master keyboard midex for my midi a tr909 and a ensiniq dp4+ for midi efx cubase all the way and i make banging trance tunes have done for over 20 years cubase 5 it will cost thou . and forget about the cracked software its full of bugs and the quantise is all to fook with the cracked stuff . u need the real thing so put your hand in your pocket and pay for what u need my friend cubase is the one for me thats all i can say reason is good as a stand alone . thats about it . i could go on all night

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

Sport Rep 1*5
I go for Cubase for mixing/ producing
Logic usually when recording

use Ableton from time to time but Im more of a record/ produce a band to MIDI things, not a bad piece of kit though.

I also have Pro Tools somewhere but only use it ocasionally, usually for matering.

Like the other guys said it depends on what you want and systems and that, recording i tend to do on a mac but I always mix on a PC.

i have used FL studio for a while, IMO good for people like me, not taking it too seriously. does everything i want and has VST support unlike reason, though i have never used reason.

i have been trying to use ableton lately, but FL studio just seems much more easy to use, though i probably havnt gave ableton a propper go.

best for mac has to be logic eh?