ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best option to colour code bump strips

Hi all,

I am picking up my mark 2 Dci 80 on Saturday, along with cleaning the EGR out and giving it a service I just wanted to ask about the door bump strips. They are currently black, although the wing mirrors are colour coded so I am wanting to colour code the bump strips on the doors as well. Is it worth removing them to spray them up or simply carefully mask around them (they are straight after all!).

Just wondering how they are removed from the car if I did want to remove them before spraying up, the car is blue so I am going to go with blue bump strips but have the Dci part in silver and then colour the 'i' in blue :)

Thanks in advance!

172 Ph1
Here is the finish on having the bumpers done properly.

4744eb3980d42aa4101da79f6a88dc15.jpg

8c75d9ce18a264e889731247925e9ff8.jpg

7476a77db55e6ce803c694fc23c315d2.jpg

172 Ph1
The door mouldings have a little screw at the end of the door - remove these and then the trim slides towards the rear of the car .

With regard to the handles , those are a bit harder to remove , with the door panel off , you need to remove the two 10mm nuts that hold the handle to the door and also unclip the lever rod from the lock.

Thanks for that, I might just do the bump strips and bumper - otherwise I would also need to do the window surround as well etc, I will see what is easiest really, tempted to see if I can get some wind deflectors as well.