ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best pannel filter for a 1.2 16v?

Clio Campus sport
Does anyone know the best pannel filter for a 1.2 16v? I've seen K&N, Pipercross, Green and BMC for all around the same ammount. I'm not after more noise (thats what the exhaust is for) I'm after a little more oomph from the engine.

JoePeps

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
ive got a k&n panel filter, just upgrading to a new pipercross kit though, could be for sale?
been on the car for about a month?made a tiny difference to noise, only when listening hard, and made the revs pull up a bit faster, but not sure if there were any power gains.

Jeff simply

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
Try forced induction from an air compressor. It'll be like NOS mann!!!

On a serious note, you're not going to get noticalbe gains from an air filter, although some people will say you will.

I use a K+N simply because I can reuse it, induction kits are all about the noise really, you can even set up your stock box with a cold air feed that will do the exact same job as a pipercross system.

So yes, all filters in essence are the same. They're marketed to give performance gains, but as I said, you'll be lucky to get anything unless your current filter is made of glass.