ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Plastic Trim Restore

So I have a set of Ph1 bump strips I wanna restore back to black - what does everyone recommend?
I'm looking for a natural finish (not glossy) & long-lasting

IMG_2148.jpg

Can you heat it up with a heat gun ? I heard that it works for the red / pink seat belts bits. I also saw a dude using one on some knackered side strips the other day. It brings the oils back to the surface.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
The trim restore coatings have UV blockers built in so they will last longer than the heat gun method. I imagine any from the top brands will be as good as one another.

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
Long lasting you'll be looking at stuff like Gyeon Trim, Carpro Dlux, Gtechniq C4.

They're all good, i've only personally used the Gyeon stuff.

The Carpro Dlux can be used on wheels too, so it's cost effective to use that if you were thinking of doing both, saves buying two different products.
Practically this!Carpro Dlux is superb and as has been said it's a very versatile product,Solution Finish is also a very good semi permanent trim restorer and leaves a very "as new" finish on faded trim/plastic.SJ.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
A little shiny from memory but looks decent, been a while since i used it.

I've tried solution finish before and thought it was pretty good, its basically like a dye iirc.

The sonax bottle lasts ages so pound for pound imo it's worth a blast. When i eventually run out I will buy some more.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Practically this!Carpro Dlux is superb and as has been said it's a very versatile product,Solution Finish is also a very good semi permanent trim restorer and leaves a very "as new" finish on faded trim/plastic.SJ.
Another vote for Carpro Dlux. Leaves black trim looking factory fresh and lasts a long while.

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
Anyone tried these on a faded 1*2 grille to good effect?
Frayz hope your good buddie(y),yeah I've used both and both work very good, but Carpro Dlux is the superior product with excellent durability and superb UV protection plus its versatility for example it can be used on wheels,Trim,Headlights etc...I always have a bottle around the place for use on my cars.SJ.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Frayz hope your good buddie(y),yeah I've used both and both work very good, but Carpro Dlux is the superior product with excellent durability and superb UV protection plus its versatility for example it can be used on wheels,Trim,Headlights etc...I always have a bottle around the place for use on my cars.SJ.
Yes all well here man, still got that old nail of an Impreza knocking about? ;)

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
Yes all well here man, still got that old nail of an Impreza knocking about? ;)
Lol its Part of the furniture now mate;), still adding things to it, nearly gave up with it though a few months ago it started to leak oil from cam caps and head but got it sorted out now(y).SJ.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Before you apply the trim restorer, make sure the part is proper clean and also worth using some IPA / Panel Wipe down too just to make sure it’s completely clean and grease free, so the trim restorer is working at it’s best. As suggested the C4 and Gyeon equivalent has extremely good reports, I’d go for those.

Last edited: