ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best prepaid?

Sell me your 197
Hey y'all
Touchdown in a fortnight.
Been with Vodafone (AU) for 10 years now. Asked them just to put me onto a Vodafone UK plan. Apparently they're different companies under the same name... Which is f**king s**t, my 10 year loyal customer bonus means I get 5GB Data (shared between phone and ipad) and unlimited calls/texts (including international) for $29.95 a month (12 quid).
I guess I won'tr get that deal on prepaid right, considering I also have an iPad I want to use.
What's the best company for coverage and usage in the southern Scotland/northern England region?
Prepaid only, I don't think I can go post-paid with no UK bank account. Yet.
Is it like the states where you can tell where people live by your mobile phone number?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hey y'all
Touchdown in a fortnight.
Been with Vodafone (AU) for 10 years now. Asked them just to put me onto a Vodafone UK plan. Apparently they're different companies under the same name... Which is f**king s**t, my 10 year loyal customer bonus means I get 5GB Data (shared between phone and ipad) and unlimited calls/texts (including international) for $29.95 a month (12 quid).
I guess I won'tr get that deal on prepaid right, considering I also have an iPad I want to use.
What's the best company for coverage and usage in the southern Scotland/northern England region?
Prepaid only, I don't think I can go post-paid with no UK bank account. Yet.
Is it like the states where you can tell where people live by your mobile phone number?

In answer to the bold, no, not at all.

I guess from what you're describing, you're going to want something like gifgaff, where you just "topup" £20 and that gives you x y and z minutes/data etc.

Giffgaff piggy back off of o2, so signal should be ok.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
It would be EE for me, they do 4GB of data, 1000 minutes and texts for £25. Or a 2GB version for £15.

Few mates were on GiffGaff, they didn't stop on it long. Terrible network imo.

Listerine & Poledo
It would be EE for me, they do 4GB of data, 1000 minutes and texts for £25. Or a 2GB version for £15.
This
Biggest UK network across all the G's.
May not be the absolute cheapest, but you get what you pay for

Giffgaff - zero problems apart from planned upgrades and usual network issues when o2 is having problems. Can't fault it to be honest. Been using it for years now.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
If you're looking for 'true' PAYG... Three are the only ones that do it anymore with their 3-2-1 deal.

Don't know if it works out that well for more heavy users though.