ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Rear ARB for a 172

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
I've searched quite a few old threads but with no definitive answer.
What's peoples opinions for the best Rear ARB?
Whiteline, K-Tec, PMS any others?

Cheers Rich

PMS looks like a good bit of kit. I have their ream beam strengthening kit and to be honest I don't find that it needs any more rear roll stiffness with that fitted.

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
The Whiteline one mounts on the bottom of the rear shocks which I like where as the PMS one goes the otherway and mounts to the rear beam mounts.
Any thoughts why the different mounting and if it makes any difference?

Cheers Rich

Clio 182
Just bought a pms one to go on, have to say it looks a lot more well made/robust than the white line....but not saying it works any better! Is mounted with the drop links the opposite way round, not sure why that would be better or worse. What do you like about the way the whiteline is mounted?

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
I might be completely wrong but I would have thought mounting them on the end of the shocks would be better way to reduce (twist) roll as they are the furthest point on the beam, where as where the beam mounts to the car there would be very little movement.
Like I said not being a geo guru I have no idea if what I'm saying makes sense thou lol

Ideally I'd like the Whiteline positioning but with PMS Metal Spherical Joint drop links

Clio 182
I can see your thinking certainly, the guy at pms has a hill climb clio that looks pretty serious so is hope he had reasons for doing it how they have....I didn't think to quiz him on it though lol. The rose joints and the bar itself just looked so much more well made that was why I went for it, does make you wonder why they designed it differently as its easier to mount the whiteline one.

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
Any knowledgeable suspension people fancy parting with some wisdom?
Cheers Rich