ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best road legal tyres? THE BEST?

Evo
Toyo r888s if money isnt a concern. But for abit more practicality you cant do much better than Toyo T1-Rs, best all round tyre IMO

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
Toyo r888s if money isnt a concern. But for abit more practicality you cant do much better than Toyo T1-Rs, best all round tyre IMO
I picked up a set of T1-Rs after wimping out on R888s (although I can't find them in 205|195/45/16 at the moment anyway).

Nobody told me how much new tyres absolutely STINK, haha. My house reeks of fresh rubber, and it's not a pleasant smell.

500 Twinair
I had px4's. With plenty of tread. Soooooo bad I binned them with 50% of the tread left. Woeful.

I have a set of Toyp px4 and i hate them, got them with my turinis and have to say they are the worse tyre i've ever had. And even worse is that I can't seem to wear the treads down lol.
Hanook RS2 next or back to michelin PE2.

PH1 172 Sport
Exalto PE2's for me although I only have 15" wheels so they are cheap! Very grippy in the dry and pretty good in the wet plus they are very progressive so its easy to judge when they are on there limits. I also found them good on the track.

i got bridgestone turunza's on mine at the minute, the backs (were on the front i swapped them around) are getting close to the legal block thingy which is making the rear pretty happy for sliding about.
very grippy tyre but as they get close to their end they start to get a bit slippery awesome in the wet aswell!