ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best set up for ipod in a clio?

RenaultSport Clio CUP
hi guys

halfords let me down on a denision crale and lead - so have decided to look into other options

anyone have any ideas on whats works well?

regards

danny

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Got the Ice Link FM as well, but wasnt even offered Ice Link Plus (Dont know the difference, but surely it has some plus points).

Cant fault the ICE Link FM, except, when the iPod is plugged in, it seems to affect my radio reception.

A4 Avant & A3
the FM modulator works through your arial (i think) so get fm quality, whereas the ice link plus works through the cd changer socket on the HU so you get cd quality sound.
The ice link also allows you to skip tracks & playlists from the steering controls & cd player.
I don't think the fm one allows control like that? (i maybe wrong)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
From what I've seen so far buddy you're best off just using an auxillery cable to the ipod.

Cheapest and best quality, and looks like least hassle too.

I am currently in the market for some ICEy things, and I have been meeting with a guy that runs a well known shop nearby, he was giving me demos when the topic of iPods came up.

I mentioned I will likely be getting one to replace my CD folder, so he showed me some of the iPod ready Alpine models, he recommended the "Full Speed" function as it is "very quick"...

Yeah right, all I can comment is that I would go insane if I had to search for Ziggy X (not sure why I'd want to but for example's sake). It was so slow I dread to think what the none "Full Speed" models are like.

So to cut it short danny, just find a way to setup a cable from your headunit that leads into the glovebox or somewhere convenient for the iPod to go.

182 RB FF
I guess it was cheap but those thing arn't to good being honest. If your on a long distance journey you have to keep re-tuning it, pain in the arse! plus its not the best sound quality

Civic Si
altho at the moment, the FM transmitters for your ipod's are still illegal in europe.

if you get caught, legally they can conviscate all broadcasting equipment including your ipod.

RenaultSport Clio CUP
good advice mate - i have decided to back heel the denison idea (mainly cos halfords were so poor! and i really don't want them messing in my car!) - i have an alpine i-pod cd set up in our main car and its tops, sounds great and it is fast (but i brought it a year and a bit ago and it cost £300) - i was hoping for a cheaper way - so will have one last look at simple cables and hope the stalk remote controls work the ipod too?

regards

Danny