ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best spark plugs?

Clio 1.6L 16V
I have to change the spark plugs to my K4M and I was wondering what are the best spark plugs that I can buy for the K4M??, thanks for the help.

I was thinking maybe the NGK Iridium BKR6EIX what do you think about it?

RS RIP
NGK are really good, yep. Do'nt know about your type-nr. that you would need. I have the NGK plugs on my RS , were around 20pounds a piece though :eek:

ITB'd MK1
not a fan of any iridium plugs, they break up with the slightest hint of detonation. If you're running without a cat, use NGK BCPR6ES, if you have a cat, use PFR6E-10

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
I run Denso IK22 in mine and I´m very satisfied with them. Before without the cams I had the hotter IK20 that are pretty similar to the NGK BKR6EIX.

Other alternative for you NGK PFR6G-9 (double platinum type)

Clio 1.6L 16V
I run Denso IK22 in mine and I´m very satisfied with them. Before without the cams I had the hotter IK20 that are pretty similar to the NGK BKR6EIX.

Other alternative for you NGK PFR6G-9 (double platinum type)

What's the difference between the hotter one and the other? :D

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
Hotter means, that it will be hotter in the engine under same conditions, because it won´t conduct the heat into the cylinderhead as good as a colder type will.

If the combustion ist hotter (e.g. caused by real tuning like cams or charging), it´s not bad if you go one (or mybe more) step colder, to avoid uncontrolled glow-ignition or knock.