ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best subwoofer and amp combo

i need some bass in my car. ive got a 4x60watts alpine HU but just upgraded factory sized speakers - hence no bass. Wanted to know the best combo to get

is it best to have the same make throughout?? the same make sub as the HU??

any advice appreciated!

ta,pete

its not a good idea to go with the same brand as some make better head units and some make better speakers etc

whats your budget? i would recomend a decent 4 channel amp, 2 channels for the fronts, and 2 channels bridged to a sub.

Ad

Zapco 4CH amp (run fronts and sub!) and fade off rear on the H/U?! You get dicount @Evil ice and im sure its not al that much for 4CH Zapco amp???

I shall be getting soon 2x 350 Zapco reference amps for front and sub use.

I think you should just swap over wires on both front speakers if your not gettin any bass (pos/neg)

Its just out of Phase mate and im sure C/E can make mistakes! Its happend to me at C/E!! PM me regardin H/U.

so u have £250 for a amp and sub right?

u already have replacement speakers?

i would go for a rockford fosgate amp as they are usually good VFM, and a sub of your choice, loads of decent brands out there, most peeps go for JL audio

Ad

for £250 your pushing it,

BBG make some nice amps that will go far and they are on offer at the moment with Sub and box deals

Tom

i think caliber do a complete ice setup for all budgets

not sure what is available or what price ranges though

wot bout these two deals; top one is Alpine;

12" SWS-1241 600W sub + MRP-T130 (250W) amp + 12" carpeted box + wiring kit --- £164.99

12" PIONEER TSW304C 600W sub + Lightning Audio 400W amp + 12" carpeted box + wiring kit --- £159.99

just thought

i have a genesis amp for sale at £100, this runs 220 watts rms @ 4ohm

then you will have £150 to find a quality sub

this amp is a proven performer in the sound quality section

cheers mate ive PMed you!

wot should i be looking for in a quality sub?? i like the look of the Pioneers. Lets say the product detail is Max. input power 800 W, Nominal input power 200 W wot is the best amp for that in terms of power?