ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best thing to get rid of water?

172cup
As simple as WD40?

I think ive got some moisture in my coil pack, as its led to incredibly lumpy running, popping in the centre section/running on 3 cyclinders etc. It pisssed down earlier nice and hard, and only done it then. Now emissions light is stuck on, and is running smooth for now.

Gonna strip it tomorrow and see if its swimming.

SO what the best thing to get rid of moisture in electrical systems?

Any advice?

172cup
ok cool... thanks.

I assume its ok to just spray liberally inside the contacts yeah? (sorry if thats dumb as fuk to ask)

you can get a special spray (we've got some for our boat engine) in marine shops, thats for electronics and drives out water, it is an insulator so will notshort everything out, whereas wd40 will short everything out, especially with somthing like a coil pack!!

Yup just spray it in and it should drive the moisture out, our spare boat engine fot wet, and my grandad sprayed wd40 on it, and it had the same effect as being wet, thats when we learnt about this special spray!!

172cup
ah quality... cheers mate.

I would have just used WD40 as it says on the bloody til 'drives out moisture'.... lying scumbags

M

mini-valver

Even better wold be to strip it down and smear Vaseline over the contacts!

172cup
^ the good guys at birchdown done this for me last time i was in for the same reason.

However it lasted a couple of days before it went back to the same situation. I'll try some sort of super moisture repellant and if that doesnt work, i'll strip it down like you said and clean it al out properly before i actually knacker it.

172cup
ok bought some Halford Electrical contact cleaner... seems to have done the job nicely.

BTW... HOW BAD a design are the coil pack contacts? The leads only bloody sit in them