ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BEST TO LOWER 35 OR 40MM

Quote: Originally posted by R3OBC on 27 March 2003

its apex im after mate?! does he do them? i will no doubt be seeing u at southport next month!!!
I dont know if storm do apex springs he does g-max i think.Yeah i shud be at southport next month need to get donny out of the way first.Are u going down to the donny show?

H22A7 Accord Type R

i aint got any tickets or anything, not sure about the funds, trying to concentrate on gettin the motor lowered as i get pain in the next few days. ill prob start wi southport n go to the shows fromthen

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by liam14RT on 28 March 2003

sounds to me like fred is a lowerin- "aholic"

the first step is to admit u have a problem fred - then we can go from there ;)

thing im gonna join "the gay boys" and go for the safe 40mm drop (sorry fred)

thanx to all you guys for your help / advice - much appreciated
Youll regret it, i promise!!!!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

NOOOOO GET 60MM NOW!!

DONT BE A LAME ASS

http://www.PBASE.COM/gadgetboytom55/inboxWWW.PBASE.COM/gadgetboytom55/inbox

nobody likes calling air traffic control to request permission to drive

60mm gives no rubbing with the correct offset wheels (except a bit on one side on full lock but it does that when is not lowered)

Lionel Richie

yeah but only on the plastic sh*t gaurd inside the front left arch at FULL lock (only left full lock, cos my sh*t gaurd has a bend in it)

It use to catch when i was on 40mm Apex springs at full lock too

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

ok no more talk of 40mm

its 60mm or 85mm from now on

there is no such thing as 40mm

ok?

good.

H22A7 Accord Type R

u2 must be better drivers than the rest of us tho, with super quick replexus to catch the super-quick break way handling characteristics of the car lol..........im only an average skilled driver, and like to have some lift-off fun.........as good as i get.........ill stick to -40mm lol ;)

larkspeed for your springs mate. as for reduced grip in wet if you only changing springs then it wont be any different. i changed to full apex sports kit stiff as f++k and grip was 100 times better in the dry and about the same as standard if not better in the wet only the arse end comes around more now but it only does it if you back right off half way around the corner got used to it now and use it to my advantage. if you dont want to stiff a ride get adjustables or use 172 shocks stiffer but not rally car stiff.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

so many haters

you wish your cars were as nice as mine and freds

My "GAY, POOFY" -40mm Apex springs were delivered this mornin! :D

Will be gettin em put on some time this week.

Got Chrome M3 wing mirrors comin too!

Will get some pics up then!

Thanks to you all for the help/advice with regard to the lowering!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

gay gay gay gay gay

im off to get coilovers and my springs removed

110mm drop

i will soon be joining those with a large drop, 35mm just is not enough

it must be bad, i live in an area with speedhumps the size of kathmandoul and it doesnt scrape over any of the bumps even with a fully loaded car

60mm may just about touch them, but i want problems trying to get over them, so 80mm here we come

Pah... 80mm! Im holding off to be the first to break the 100mm barrier!!! Even if I have to design the suspension myself!:D For the timebeing Ill just have to live with my cringeworthy 40mm! And offer to give lifts to strangers so I can have passengers in the back and make my car look lower! ;)Heheh.