ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best track brake fluid?

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
Castrol SRF is without doubt the best brake fluid you can buy albeit a tad on the expensive side, but lets say you've just fitted some Brembo calipers and some CL6/CL8's why would you want to try a save 20 quid on the fluid?

Also don't get fooled by people quoting Dry Boiling Point temperatures as that refer to it in sealed plastic bottle and unused, go with the Wet Boiling Point figure it'll give you a much better idea of how good the fluid actually is.

As with everything everyone will have their own preference and it does also come down to budget but don't think that if you are using standard calipers and pads or mildly aggressive ones you don't need a descent fluid because the chances are you'll cook he fluid quicker on standard brakes.

Rich

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
Castrol SRF is without doubt the best brake fluid you can buy albeit a tad on the expensive side, but lets say you've just fitted some Brembo calipers and some CL6/CL8's why would you want to try a save 20 quid on the fluid?

Also don't get fooled by people quoting Dry Boiling Point temperatures as that refer to it in sealed plastic bottle and unused, go with the Wet Boiling Point figure it'll give you a much better idea of how good the fluid actually is.

As with everything everyone will have their own preference and it does also come down to budget but don't think that if you are using standard calipers and pads or mildly aggressive ones you don't need a descent fluid because the chances are you'll cook he fluid quicker on standard brakes.

Rich

“Tad on the expensive side”

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/162542414892

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Depends how much you want to spend, Having tried several over the years including RBF,ATE,SRF im currently on Endless RF and its definitely the best fluid i've ran. Super stable, handles the heats, Pedal remains firm consistantly even with aggressive pads generating a lot of heat. Porsche fill their Cup cars with it from the factory.

I had constant issues with pedal feel with nearly every other fluid i tried, This has stopped it 100%, Remains the same regardless of how much heat you get into the system.

RBF600/660 would still be my recommendation in you don't want to spend a lot though, Its a great fluid just didn't work for me

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Depends how much you want to spend, Having tried several over the years including RBF,ATE,SRF im currently on Endless RF and its definitely the best fluid i've ran. Super stable, handles the heats, Pedal remains firm consistantly even with aggressive pads generating a lot of heat. Porsche fill their Cup cars with it from the factory.

I had constant issues with pedal feel with nearly every other fluid i tried, This has stopped it 100%, Remains the same regardless of how much heat you get into the system.

RBF600/660 would still be my recommendation in you don't want to spend a lot though, Its a great fluid just didn't work for me

Surprising that as the SRF has a higher wet boiling point at 270c compared to the Endless 218c.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I think the main reason i like it is the compressibility of the Endless stuff, If thats even a word LOL. Pedal is firmer with it in and remains that way all the time. The Meganes seem to do a funny thing in that the pedal gets soft with some heat in the system but it isn't boiled fluid or pads going off, Just a thing they seem to do. The Endless fluid has solved that in mine and a few others who run it.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I think the main reason i like it is the compressibility of the Endless stuff, If thats even a word LOL. Pedal is firmer with it in and remains that way all the time. The Meganes seem to do a funny thing in that the pedal gets soft with some heat in the system but it isn't boiled fluid or pads going off, Just a thing they seem to do. The Endless fluid has solved that in mine and a few others who run it.

Yeah they do have varying densities.

Not all of them publish the full specs, mainly just boiling temps. Which as you've found is not the be all and end all.