ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best track tyres?

Clio 172 cup/Audi A5
Hi guys, just after opinions for track day tyres? What would be best for 16" turinis cheers

330i. E30 Touring.
General consensus is that it's a lot more sensible to run with 15's for track work.

Tyres are much cheaper and more readily available.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Choice is wide, depends on budget and tastes.
Regular contenders would be OZ F1's, Pro Race 1.2's or the OZ 2118's, 7 x 15 with an et38 - 43 ish.
tyre size would be 195/50/15, you could go for Toyo R888's, but tyre choice again is going to be down to personal preference.

Clio 172 cup/Audi A5
After looking at a few different 15" wheels, compomotive do some 15 x 8 would these be to wide?

Clio 172 cup/Audi A5
Ok, one other option maybe what about the Renault turbines? But there only 6.5" wide would they be any good?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Few recommendations but what's the general consensus for best 15" tyres for track? Just picked up some 2118s and need some rubber.

182cup & 172 racecar
About £100 plus vat each 195-50 15's and £110 plus vat 205-50 15's

​Could get them a little less if I ordered a load of them

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Dunlop

dun_dz03g.jpg

KumhoV70's, have you been on a wet track with them?

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Direzza's dry AD48 dry 888 dry damp and wet R1R's wet to very wet, wetter than a wet thing

Cheers,

Please excuse my ignorance, but are any of the afore mentioned, road legal? A friend and I have just bought Ad's Odyssey ph1 that were looking at tracking for a of fun. Ideally we'd be looking at driving it to and from events. At least initially anyway.

​Thanks again

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
In my opinion the best track tyres are the cheapest set of half decent road tread you can find. Something like a cheap toyo TR1.

The reason for my opinion, you are not hot lapping, its not a quali session, you don't need mega grip. Its way more fun and more predictable to drive quickly on road tread. The car moves around more and yet it breaks away nice and progressive.

​Flame suit on and waiting.