ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best tyre dressing ??

I'm after a decent tyre dresser, I normally use 'halfrauds wet look tyre dressing' but its nearly run out, so I fancy a change.

I want one that looks nice, but not like black paint (like the dodgy/crap second hand car dealers use! :rolleyes:) Plus it must stay on for a while too.

I guess Meguire's will be on the list ??
If so whats their one called ??

What about auto glym stuff ?? Is that any good (I have loads of their other products)
Don't want to pay more than £7.00 really for a decent size bottle etc.

Thanks.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I used to use AG vinyl and rubber care which is good , don't bother with AG tyre stuff , its not as good .

Just tried some new stuff from www.carwashnwax.com , called New look trim gel , best stuff i've used so far , lots of other top quality products on there like the extreme bodywash shampoo . 10% discount for CS members .

If you buy of him , he's called David Graham , e mail him and tell him your a CS member .

p+p is £4.95 if you buy 1 item or multiple items so its best to buy a few things imo .

http://www.carwashnwax.com/10278/info.php?p=13&pno=0&pid=548255&cat=&ack=9&search=&sought=

106 GTi
AG Tyre Dressing and AG Vinyl and Rubber are the same products, both look great but dont last that long.

Meguiars Endurance Gel looks good and lasts.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The turtle wax tyre GEL (not spray) looks fairly cack when put on, but once its had time to settle (2 hrs or so) it looks fab.

Calipers01.gif

106 GTi
Good old inch and half paint brush here.

Just recieved some Bold and Bright hoping to test it tonight.

Monaco 172 2/468
Mmm I have a weird urge to want to lick your tyres lol. Very nice !

R20GRC said:
The turtle wax tyre GEL (not spray) looks fairly cack when put on, but once its had time to settle (2 hrs or so) it looks fab.

Calipers01.gif

Megane225FF
My local 99p store has just started selling the black bottle version of this... cant go wrong for the price...

Last edited:
  Tangoed Works
Have been using Simoniz Tyre Black Spray on from Halfords, comes out pretty well but a lot goes to waste with it being a spray.

182rim.jpg

I'd prefer to buy the stuff from a shop tbh, as I can't re asked from buying off the net.

The pic with the tunini looks quite nice actually.

Tesla MP3 2021
i use that meg stuff the purple 1 that smells like fruit;)
top product lasts ages:)

i use the wet n black spary stuff from halfords and i think its really good.. think its turtle wax which is 3 for 2 just now

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I've got Megs hot tires and some Megs tire gel only tried the gel once though.
Both good at what they do.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Megs performance gel - purple - smells delicious! lol

Really good though, shines great and lasts at least a week as good as when first applied. I apply with small (1") paint brush and thea very light wipe over with a cloth to make sure there isn't too much excess (it can flick up onto your nicely cleanded paint if lots on and you drive straight away) :( so a light wipe with a cloth prevents this.

DSC00150.jpg

As others have said, Megs Endurance Gel applied with a paintbrush. Don't get Hot Shine Tyre Spray from Megs, I've got that too and its not nearly as good, initially its amazing but it only lasts a day or two.

Oh and make sure you have Michelin Pilot Exalto's, they come up much nicer than Contisports!

Monaco Blue Mk2
ukaskew said:
As others have said, Megs Endurance Gel applied with a paintbrush. Don't get Hot Shine Tyre Spray from Megs, I've got that too and its not nearly as good, initially its amazing but it only lasts a day or two.

Oh and make sure you have Michelin Pilot Exalto's, they come up much nicer than Contisports!

F1 GSD3's come up really good aswel.

Clio 172mk2
meggys endurence , works very well just apply with a aplicator pad takes about 10 secs tops per tyre

106 GTi
Just tested out some Poorboys Bold and Bright. Well it smells nice first up lol.

Its like a thicker version of AG Vinyl and rubber, but still a liquid not a gel like the Megs Endurance. Lots easier on than the Megs, but needs a bit more spreading around than the Autoglym. Applied with a paint brush as normal. Lacks the Gloss of both the Autoglym and Meguiars, but leaves a nice black finish and a medium gloss. Will moniter how it last and if it leaves the dreaded splatter.

http://www.richtreen.co.uk/images/tyres/index.html

Pics - fully dry applied last night, pics taken this morning

IMG_9546.jpg

IMG_9554.jpg

Black 182 f&f
Meguiars Endurance Gel for me 2 happy with it, i tend to use all sorts to see whats good an whats not good

Ford AU XR6 VCT falcon
I'm a big fan of wolfgang black diamond and sonus tire & bumper dressing gel
With the right tyre prep, clearkote VM for oxidised tyres and some autoglym 07B rubber cleaner (only autoglym product I use), applied with a foam pad, I have had two coats last up to three months
Of course I don't remove the dressing when I wash the car
You can also use them on your vinyl interiors if you want a fully glossy look without any dust or glare

They are heat reactive so every time you drive, they return to just applied look
Meg's tyre shine's from my testing attract dust something shocking and the endurance builds up leaving a sticky messy coating if you keep using it and doesn't last as long

Don't know prices from not being on motorgeek before but it's worth every cent