ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best wax/protector and sealant for alloys

Monaco Blue Mk2
Bear in mind they've been refurbed. Whats the best thing I can put on them to help keep them cleaner for longer and easier to clean in the future?

Monaco Blue Mk2
Rich said:
I use Autoglym Super Resin and then the Extra Gloss on mine.

Super, no need to go shopping for products then! Will the SRP be ok considering they're refurbed, I know it's only mildly abrasive..?

106 GTi
How long they been painted for?

Its not the polishing you need to worry about on new paint is the sealing. If they have been baked well, you should be fine to polish and seal. Worth checking with whoever painted them though.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Not sure how long thwy've been done for, not long I don't think. Done by http://www.lap-tab.co.uk/

attachment.php

Monaco Blue Mk2
Rich said:
Powdercoated then are they not?

EDIT Looking at the site sprayed and baked.

I'm not sure entirely tbh mate. I've just bought them. You reckon I'll be ok to SRP & EGP them then?

106 GTi
Should be fine as they have been baked, if you are worried leave them for 5-10 days just to be sure then SRP and EGP

Monaco Blue Mk2
Rich said:
Should be fine as they have been baked, if you are worried leave them for 5-10 days just to be sure then SRP and EGP

Cheers mate. They've been done for at least a month I'd say so should be fine.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
or poor boys wheel sealer....

smells like strawberries to! not that youd want to eat it though.....