ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best wax to use

R

rhys davies

Thinking of treating my car to some new wax just wondering what peoples opinions are i think supernatural.dodo juice wax is good

330Ci cab
ive got that, not given it a go yet but did wax mine with purple summat or other about 8-10 weeks ago. its filthy but water still beads off it. crazy

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of an expansive question really.

What do you most want from it? Value, looks, ease of use, durability, amount?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Bit of an expansive question really.

What do you most want from it? Value, looks, ease of use, durability, amount?

Answer this question first then we can help chap.

Ignore the Collinites answer, it's mot a treat for your car.

The problem you have is you already have a really good wax in HD, for the price it's superb. Your next wax should maybe be more edged towards looks as HD is more durable than most waxes as like Collinites it's a bit of a Hybrid wax.

R

rhys davies

Well id love that nice deep shiny reflective look not to botherd about durability or price mate plus my cars black so it does come up nice

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Have you ever used a pre-wax product? Like a Glaze or Cleanser?

I'd probably forget Supernatural at the moment mate.

R

rhys davies

Nah mate never use em we just polish then wax at work how do they work ?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Victoria wax is great if you want good shine but aren't too bothered about durability, well worth its price anyway.

BG FF 182
They deep cleanse the surface, some provide a little protection of their own and give a good base to wax over, some contain fillers too.

Yeah, I always use poor boys black hole before I apply AG HD wax, they work so well together. I find it's best to cleanse the bodywork before applying any waxes.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I always use poor boys black hole before I apply AG HD wax, they work so well together. I find it's best to cleanse the bodywork before applying any waxes.

BH doesn't really cleanse has such. Has no abrasives and minimal if any cleaning agents from my use.

It does leave a lovely base being so filler heavy though.

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
I've got a few waxes inc dodo hard candy, purple haze, orange crush, supernatural, rubbish boys, juiced edition, bouncers 22, Swissvax shield, bouncers sherbet fizz, Autobrite obsession to name a few! I honestly find supernatural to be a good contender giving a good level off protection, a good finish and its nice to apply. Everyone has there personal favourites tho... :)
used after dodo lime prime for a quick spruce up works a treat!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Supernatural just needs a QD wipe-down after an hour or so.

I've not really had any problems with (v2 I think)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've fallen back in love with Lime Prime. Mostly due to my love of original detailing products.

Agreed Supernatural is very good but it does have it's flaws.

I have no idea about detailing etc so may well have gone wrong with what i have done?

i put two coats of supernatural on and two coats of G3 farcella high gloss paste wax looks very very shiny.

Do i need a slap in the face for doing that?:eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols. Yeah.

The 2 coats of SN would have been fine although probably gassing like mad.

You covered it with an inferior product to a certain extent.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nah not really mate. It's okay but it's basic run of the mill stuff. Don't bin it dude just don't use it over SN. Got a pic of it? I know they released another one recently.

Gassing just mean the solvents escaping. You can remove the wax and an hour later it kinda hazes on the paint and needs another wipe down. Quick layers require the spit shine technique or a fair time between them.

This one mate its yellow and smells like furniture polish

large-supergloss-pastewax.png

Goes on really well and comes off easy may just be me but it seems/feels like it leaves a grease behind after??

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah we have a free pot at work through our Farecla seller. It doesn't get a look in next to AG HD which we use a lot of for durability.

Clio 197
I have some black hole and purple haze which I used on my previous blue scooby. I now have a titanium silver 182 , is it a waste of time using the above on the silver given the big colour difference??

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Should be fine, the colour loading is only very slight at best and would need multiple coats to notice anything other than a glossy finish

172 Cup
Not a wax but Autofinesse Tough Coat is pretty amazing. One of the best glosses I've seen on my Mondial cup and I've used loads of products. Very easy to use too.