ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to repair stone chips?

hazkirby

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 FF Arctic B
Hi,

My Clio's body work is mint apart from a few chips on the bonnet due to motorway driving and chips in edges of both doors, not sure why that is?

All chips are only down to the primer.. wondering what the best method would be to get them repaired?, and if I got them repaired professionally rough costs? Chips are no more than 3mm in size.

Thanks!

pimp mobile Zafira
Depends on colour as some colours are a pain to match or cover. If you want to do it cheap you could get one of those touch up kits. The ones that you brush on. Scrap using the brush for a start and get a tooth pick and just dab on the layers and build it up. You can then either use some wet and dry I knock it back an get the paint level or do what some of the detailers do and use a razor blade. Then just polish

1.2 16V
I also have countless chips on the lower quarter of my bonnet due to 7 years of stone chipping. Is getting them repaired professionally expensive? I also have key mark scratches on the driver door where the previous owner seems to have always opened the door with the keys in her hand!