ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to stop diesel clinging to the car

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Hi there,
im getting to the point where i'm having to clean the rear of my 175 twice a week,

what would the best way to stop the diesel clinging be?

cheers,

Joe

DSC00948.jpg

Ant killer for the win.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
is it waxed or sealed with anything? a good layer of protection will help to limit the build up, but nothing will stop it. will make it easier to clean.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
As @Yellow Dave has said, get a good layer of protection on there and it'll make it easier to clean. You'd be able to get away with a quick snowfoam in between proper washes.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Not much you can do really mate.
Part and parcel of owning a derv.. clean it 3 times per week.

Why on earth would you clean your car 3 times a week ? Surely after a point, it doesn't get any worse ?

I'm assuming you can still read the number plate after 2/3 days !? If not - your car is broken.

Why on earth would you clean your car 3 times a week ? Surely after a point, it doesn't get any worse ?

I'm assuming you can still read the number plate after 2/3 days !? If not - your car is broken.

He had already mentionef he's cleaning it twice per week. With no solution to his question that im aware of, i suggested cleaning it more often to keep it looking nice.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
its mostly down to having a 175 with dpf delete and straight pipes, it's only recently been a bit worse since taking in on track, but cleaning wise i regularly take it to the local garage/supermarket for wash. Its due a full decontamination soon just before CSS

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Bring my it round here one weekend and we will attack with a DA and get some LSP on it! :wink:

i've a garage full of cleaning stuff, just never put the time in on the megane, it's all spent working on the clio 😞 i'll have to take you up on that, corona? ;)

Easiest way to keep it clean.... Don't drive it 😂

i do that with the clio but it still gets dirty 😢