ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best wheel cleaner?

S3, Polo
I need a decent wheel cleaner that won't adversely affect my new powder coat finish.

Anyone got any recommendations?

I'd also like to hear what you guys do with regard to maintaining clean wheels (wax, daily wipe, etc.).

:)

Storm Grey 200
Bilberry wheel cleaner, however, once they are clean, Seal them, with some wax like 476 or poorboys wheel sealant, and then they will be so easy to clean with just some soapy water

hardy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Mk1 Track Proj
I use wonder wheels on mine as they are powder-coated. I dont seal them, should do really.

I use wonder wheels on mine as they are powder-coated. I dont seal them, should do really.

I bought some of that years ago, opened the lid and got a whiff of it, not a chance that was going anywhere near my wheels lol.

As mentioned above, Bilberry Wheel cleaner. I bought some from I4detailing and it's the best stuff I've ever used and non-acidic too.

Cup Packed FF200
I just use Autoglym engine/machine clean - its water based and safe on all finishes etc, plus you can use it to clean anything else you like, engine bay, sills, interior plastics...even the lawnmower etc...Been using it for years as you cant find many water based cleaning agents that are really powerful and good.

Then I've started to use Autoglym alloy wheel seal to keep the wheels in good cond, although it doesnt seem to do a lot.

Hope this helps.

Bilberry wheel cleaner, however, once they are clean, Seal them, with some wax like 476 or poorboys wheel sealant, and then they will be so easy to clean with just some soapy water

Exactly what i was going to suggest to a T :)

Bilberry - 476 poorboys

Awsome combination, cleanyourcar.co.uk do good deals on it :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Bilberry is the best shizzle. Then wax your wheels with Poorboys wheels sealer and the dust will fall off much easier :)

You could easily use wonder wheels on them if they are powder coated, won't harm it at all and is strong as fook. Just use it to get all the crap off then seal them up as said and use a softer cleaner.

ph2 iceburg 172
i personally wouldnt go near wonder wheels, its very acidic and if there are any blemishes on the wheels (shouldnt be too much of an issue because they have just been refurbed) its very corrosive.
bilberry always get a good write up, never tried it myself. i personally use autosmart smart wheels, it was £12 for a 5l bottle of it, has lasted me 4months so very good value for money