ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Wireless ADSL Router

1fast6 said:
The 877 is a small office router. Most people won't consider them for home use because they cost too much for what they are.

True, but I know people who run them at home - cus' they wanted "One of the Best" ;)

I run a Cisco SOHO97 ADSL modem (Just acting as a modem with a router/firewall behind it) and it's good. If I'm being honest, it works about the same as a £25 Origo ADSL modem in the same role.. but.. the Cisco has more flashing lights.. (and says Cisco on it.. )

I did consider an 877w... but I'd want to use just that (get rid of my other routers and firewall) which meant I'd need the Advanced Security IOS (I need DMZ port and proper QoS).. I guess you can get the 877w with the advanced, but I've never seen it.. so I'm guessing you'd have to get the 877w, then upgrade the IOS after... and I think it looked to be about £600..

I think my Cisco ADSL Modem with a m0n0wall WRAP box behind it, works just as well.. and it cost about £250 for both (m0n0wall new, Cisco off eBay).

But yea, it all depends on your use - I guess my "Home use" is more "Business use" than anything (DMZ, Live servers, seperate lan etc..)

Either way, the Grand Prix is good.. :D

Last edited:
  Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
i've got a d-link gts-400 or sumat like that and its spot on. get full signal from out in the garage which isnt attached to the house and it never drops or crashes