ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

better Acceleration 172

clio 172
I want to make my 172 quicker in acceleration wats the best way to do this, it has an induction kit and k-tec cat back stainless system, dont have the money for turbo/supercharger, i was thinkin lighter flywheel??? or will this not make any real difference ???

Black Gold with cup packs
cams and a custom map. around £1500 fitted. happy days. you should be knocking between 190-200bhp then.... hopefully
As above if you have no rear passenger commitments and can live with the door cards ect gone strip it out for maximum power/weight ratio

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
should be fine. little boggley in heavy traffic but as long as they are fitted n mapped up well wont be an issue.

Cams do make a bid enough difference.

Black Gold with cup packs
Do the cams make much difference, wat will it run like on idle with k-tec cams init??

Yes, I went for Schrick cams in my 172cup and I have a read out of 201bhp (my cup was an acceptionally good one) that was accompanied with a closed induction kit, and a full yozza system with sports cat. The car is far more aggeressive lower down (the schrick's maybe a tad to aggressive for everyday use, but I loved them and used the car everyday).... With my bhp figure and a kerb weight of 965kg 1/4 mile came up in 13.73sec@101mph. 0-60 was probably nearer 5.5sec than 6. The cams are lumpy at idle, But your car would be lumpy at idle as it stands :)

320d
Without spending big money you could go for a decat and matched inlets. Then get it all mapped with a custom map and invest in some good tyres if you don't already have them.

If you want to spend a bit more cams, as above, are a good option.

172, 320td
f**k me I no this is an old post but 201bhp from Schrick cams is good, I have a 172 with schrick cams 182 mani an v6 air box, never had it dynod tho, personaly I would be happy with anything over 180. Need to get it done

Abarth 500 Esseesse
f**k me I no this is an old post but 201bhp from Schrick cams is good, I have a 172 with schrick cams 182 mani an v6 air box, never had it dynod tho, personaly I would be happy with anything over 180. Need to get it done

You got Eric didn't you? Slightly jealous!

Get yourself along to the next rolling road day at EFI-Parts in Runcorn mate. I'd be interested to find out what he's putting out too!

Iceberg 172
Buy summit quicker instead of throwing money on performance mods that ain't really gonna gain you much power, that's that I did

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Buy summit quicker instead of throwing money on performance mods that ain't really gonna gain you much power, that's that I did

Agreed, 1500 quid on n/a tuning for very little real gains just isn't worth it if its acceleration you want, handling not straightline pace is the reason to own these cars.

172, 320td
You got Eric didn't you? Slightly jealous!Get yourself along to the next rolling road day at EFI-Parts in Runcorn mate. I'd be interested to find out what he's putting out too!
yeah keep me posted on when it is please mate :). yeah ive got eric now, love it, i got it mapped last week too :)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Is it a road car?
Is it due for a cambelt change?

If so, ascending price;

GT cams @ BTM
RS2 inlet
RS2 + 197 cams
ITBs
ITBs + cams
Turbo

...I think