ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing Rear lines - 182

CLS, RS MEG
Please give me some inspiration for my weekend task…

I’m replacing the lines from both rear callipers to the axle with BRT kit. These do away with the small link pipes (I’m told)

How on earth do you get these unions undone?! Rustier than titanic.
Bought an 11mm flair spanner, added WD40, but not budging.

In theory I only need to loosen the two unions that head to the brake cylinder ;)
IMG_1875.png

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Please give me some inspiration for my weekend task…

I’m replacing the lines from both rear callipers to the axle with BRT kit. These do away with the small link pipes (I’m told)

How on earth do you get these unions undone?! Rustier than titanic.
Bought an 11mm flair spanner, added WD40, but not budging.

In theory I only need to loosen the two unions that head to the brake cylinder ;)
View attachment 1691903

I tried this job. The answer is you don’t and leave them for another day 😂. HTH

On a more serious note, the only option I could see was to replace the full length to where the join near the front wheel is. They look like mine and I decided there was no way they’ll undo without the pipe before the axel splitting too.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Also,

Where the new lines go through the old plate on the right here:
1715343836518.png

There was nothing in my kit to protect the braided lines. I ended up buying a grommet kit like this: LINK and cutting them to insert after the lines were installed. I'll see if I can find a picture.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
They ain't coming undone without an Oxy torch. Not sure a plumbers blow torch will be enough.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Where they go through here, the line is like a prick in a shirt sleeve going through the hole and I was worried that over time it would rub and damage the braid.
1715344083173.png

Sadly I can't find any pictures of the grommet hack but it worked really well (y)

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
Where they go through here, the line is like a prick in a shirt sleeve going through the hole and I was worried that over time it would rub and damage the braid.

I wonder how I routed mine now :unsure: I know I covered them in some sleeving near the exhaust area but not sure with the 'oles.

CLS, RS MEG
View attachment 1691917

Sadly I can't find any pictures of the grommet hack but it worked really well (y)
Thanks for the tip Rob, I’m a spark so I’ll have some grommets lying around. Yours looks immaculate underneath!
As someone commented, I ordered the £17 brake repair kit off the bay; bit of practising and will install two new unions on the green/ black lines I think is my best option.
No rush whatsoever, it’s only a past time to get away from the wife 🙂