ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big Clean - sunshine pics

S2 106 GTI
Looks awesome. Without meaning to give you a big head, yours is why i now have one sat outside :cool:

£600 + fitting for 4 springs & 2 revalved Koni rear dampers. I'm trying to find out the poundage at the moment so i can get Faulkner to make me up the springs ...

haha cheers mate! I always wanted one when I had a 172 cup, but they were all around the 10k mark, then eventually got round to swapping with my old LCR!

M2 Competition
Looks awesome. Without meaning to give you a big head, yours is why i now have one sat outside :cool:

£600 + fitting for 4 springs & 2 revalved Koni rear dampers. I'm trying to find out the poundage at the moment so i can get Faulkner to make me up the springs ...

From experience, you cant replicate Marks magic. No matter how hard you try or what bits you have in front of you. Im sure he sprinkles the cars with fairy dust!

Gib - looks fantastic! A Trophy with lower seats and a reach adjustable steering wheels would be spot on for me :D

S2 106 GTI
I find you sit lower now :) Mark really knows his stuff!! I would love it if he was only round the corner! but sadly its a good few hrs drive away!

R14 CUP
What could mark do with a H&R'd Cup? Would he put a Trophy Sach's on it, or could he use the existing set up?

Oh, that is a very very nice trophy you have your self.

S2 106 GTI
Mate its looking good as ever! Will have to come see the house aswell sometime!

Jaff

cheers Ben Yes mate!!! Just painting the rooms at the current min, garage is getting sorted out once the living room and kitchen are sorted.

Just got some floor paint from work along with a few other toys :) to go in there.

JamieG he would be able to set your car up - he use's corner weights etc... to get everything spot on. He tries to get the car to your spec of driving

S2 106 GTI
cheers buddy! any problems just pm me! got a thumbs up from a guy in a lotus exige today! guess he knows about the trophy :approve:

Trophy #473
Whats the set up like on the road tho, its all very well and good it being good on track but if you venture onto track 3/4 times a year is it really worth it!? I find the car quite stiff as it is on the standard set up. I think any stiffer and it will compromise the handling on your average B road where the standard car excels so well.

Surely just a set of track wheels with some sticky tyres and a brake package will be more than enough to have some fun on a track day... because thats what its all about right!?

all imo.

R26 F1
ride height is similar to 182cup + sportlines ? I have to buy a set of springs to my car and your trophy looks perfect :)

S2 106 GTI
Whats the set up like on the road tho, its all very well and good it being good on track but if you venture onto track 3/4 times a year is it really worth it!? I find the car quite stiff as it is on the standard set up. I think any stiffer and it will compromise the handling on your average B road where the standard car excels so well.

Surely just a set of track wheels with some sticky tyres and a brake package will be more than enough to have some fun on a track day... because thats what its all about right!?

all imo.

tbh mate yes its has made it slightly stiffer ride, but around the roads where I live i has transformed it! plus the road stance is more better now too :)
When I had the standard set up with newly serviced struts it was good and held the road well - but thought I'd give the set up a try.... easily removed if need be!

MKV GTI
Car looks awesome mate, looks factory fresh!

Really, really makes me want a trophy is it much different than the 182 cup/ff i mean as in the overall driving experience? Been thinking about swapping the cup for one for a while now just dont know if the trophy wold justify the swap? Want somthing that feels a tad more "special".

S2 106 GTI
There's a lot of talk about them being not very different, but as you said the trophy is that little bit special over the standard 182. Just drive one and see what you think - I went from a 172 cup to the trophy ( had a LCR in between) but they are very different!

MKV GTI
Yea i have seen the various other threads about this, spose i will just have to test drive one and see what i think! Also if the miles are kept off they shouldnt depreciate as horrifically as the standard 182's are at the moment. Thinking if i get out now il have atleast 4.5k to go towards the trophy wken i paid 6k 11 months ago ffs!

If you dont mind me asking whats the mark fish suspension set up involve is it just a modification of the standard set up as the stance of your car really compliments it nice set of mods to go with it aswell!

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
new front rear springs, custom koni adjustable dampers on the rear and camber is adjusted as well... think thats right..?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I had a 172 and the difference to the Trophy was massive. I also fitted the Cup alloys and other weight saving items to the 172 and the most flatering thing to say about the 172 from the Trophy is they drive like different cars.

S2 106 GTI
new front rear springs, custom koni adjustable dampers on the rear and camber is adjusted as well... think thats right..?

your right! the rear konis are around £160ish each appose to the standard konis which are around £90ish each!