ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big Cleaning Day on Friday Planned.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Okay, so I'm going to a meet on Saturday and want to get the car all nice and slippery. So I am planning to do this:

1.Wash, Leather (Autoglymn Washy stuff)
2.Clay Bar (Meguires Clay)
3.Autoglymn super resin polish? I don't really think it needs it as there isn't any damage or scratches on the paint.
4.Zymol Wax applied by hand and buffed with an electric polisher.

Is it better to apply the wax with the polisher? I just reckoned using the polisher when buffing would do a better shine.

What do people think? Is my method good? Obviously I'm not going into Porter Cable levels of detail, because I don't have one, and I honestly think that it doesn't need it.

I await your responses!

Rob

Chocolate Bar™
i always find that removing wax by hand gives a better finish. i have one of those cheap buffer things from halfords, and if i use one of them i can still buff it better by hand.

i would definetely use super resin polish, and then your zymol over the top.

Skoda Fabia vRS
you say you have Zymol Wax ?.........which one is it ?

if its the one from Halfords there is no point using it over SRP as they are very similar products, and the Zymol from Halfords is actually made by Turtle Wax in Skelmersdale lol

106 GTi
As others said if its the Halfords supplied Zymol on its a cheap cleaner wax, that will remove anything you put below it.

I would use the AG SRP and it cleans up the paint nicely, very mild anyway so wont touch any defects much that are there an anyway. By normal hand applictaton Brazo tested it removes no clearcoat at all IIRC.

I would Wash, Clay, AG Super Resin and Extra Gloss for some protection, and then top with a good pure Carnuba Wax to increase looks.

Using the wax by machine wont really make any difference in shine, the shine really comes from the polishing & paint prep where a decent machine polish will benifit.

Right, so I've wasted £28 quid on that bloody machine now then!

Do Halfords sell a good Carnuba wax? Just thinking because I would need it before Friday.

Thanks for the advice.

Yeah the Zymol Wax I have is the 11.99 one from Halfords and its blue and smells like coconuts.

I have extra gloss protection so will put that on.

I also got some of that paint protection stuff from the bodyshop where I got my car fixed which retails at £125 when they sell it. The guy gave me it for free.

Is that stuff like polish or wax? From what it says on the back it sounds like wax as it says it fills in the microscopic holes and bumps in the laquer/paint.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
polarbert said:
Right, so I've wasted £28 quid on that bloody machine now then!

Do Halfords sell a good Carnuba wax? Just thinking because I would need it before Friday.

Thanks for the advice.

Yeah the Zymol Wax I have is the 11.99 one from Halfords and its blue and smells like coconuts.

I have extra gloss protection so will put that on.

I also got some of that paint protection stuff from the bodyshop where I got my car fixed which retails at £125 when they sell it. The guy gave me it for free.

Is that stuff like polish or wax? From what it says on the back it sounds like wax as it says it fills in the microscopic holes and bumps in the laquer/paint.

Try this stuff . Easiest i've used and beads water off the car better than other waxes i've used . They delivered to me within 24 hours so you "should " hopefully have it by Friday .

http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/pinnacle-liquid-souveran-p-77.html

106 GTi
Halfords do the Meguiars Stage 3 Carnuba if you want something off the Shelf.

I would mail order and get a pot of P21s myself.

I went and bought some Meguiars gold class clear coat wax. Is this stuff any good?

Will take it back if not. Seems quite good but you can never tell from the box really.

Got bored so did it today instead, the car looks fanbloodytastic. The clay got loads of muck off. There was a lot on the roof I couldn't even see!

Will post pictures later or tomorrow.

cool. I need a good wax! damnit!

saying that the inferno beast outside does look absolutely f**king amazing!

I might post pictures but it looks way better in real life.

I did my sisters car today as well and that came up well.