ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big Help Needed

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Sooo I went and bought a black car. Yes it looks the b****cks now but chances are it will rain today so its not going to be looking as nice as it does at the mo.

How can I keep her this clean?

beach1.JPG

beach2.JPG

beach3.JPG

beach4.JPG

beach5.JPG

beach6.JPG

beach7.JPG

beach8.JPG

beach9.JPG

Up close you can see like spider-web style crazy reflection when the sun is on it. In the past I've been more of a sponge and water person but I really want to look after this car but without going stupid. I don't have a garage for it to live in, and I don't have all the time in the world to spend cleaning it!

Help oh great car detailing people. :)

Ta

DC.

E90
basically this is my thread but without the Geek insult.

Simon lose those tints it looks like b*****d son of a transit van and a honda.

106 GTi
With Black its going to by dirty five mins after cleaning it so you are onto a losing battle!

As for washing get a good lambswool mitt to prevent any swirling and spiderwebs the best you can, and use the two bucket wash method. The marks in there will be hard to remove without a PC because of the colour.

A good Quick Detail spray is worth while to remove any water spots after washing and keep it looking good easily.

Last edited:
Si to sort the marks already there you need to invest in a PC and various pads/polish/glazes and waxs. Or just get a decent sealant and wax after having thrown it in the direction of Brazo or Rich to remove the damage already there.

Mondeo STTDCI
Was gonna say that. Get one of the lads to PC it and then get some good quality wax and sealants on there and top up a lot.

You wont keep it clean but you WILL make cleaning it a lot easier.

And wherever you took those pics...bet you drove like 1mph on and off there!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I like the tints too Ali so screw you weeman ;)

It was driven very slowly on and off that beach. VERY slowly.

Thanks Si re: Porter cable, I'm getting one asap so then I can sort out any damage thats already there. :)

E90
Screw you!!! On second thoughts i'll retract my previous post to a new one........

Give up, you cant polish a turd.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Weeman said:
Screw you!!! On second thoughts i'll retract my previous post to a new one........

Give up, you cant polish a turd.

implying you can polish a tank? ;)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Haha, once you've turned off all your stupid electronic gadgets i'll have nearly finished a lap ;)

E90
wheat field. doubles as a combine, to cut the stuff needed to make the flour that you make the bread out of.

Ad

MK2 FRS
I like the tints... looks superb. Chat to you later about the stuff ive used.....

Sounds similar to mine, when i got it, with the good paintwork quality but, a slight cobweb effect.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Biffons_Bridge said:
lol.... I love my micra... I paid extra for the SE. I flash other micras all the time.
but the se is the ultimate in build quality:)

Very honest of you Ad:eek: ;)

1.8 rsi BLACK
Try Diamondbrite 2 stage.......... it works for me
Oh and the car looks :rasp: FAT:rasp: dont let anyone tell u otherwise:quiet:

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
superrichie said:
Try Diamondbrite 2 stage.......... it works for me
Oh and the car looks :rasp: FAT:rasp: dont let anyone tell u otherwise:quiet:

Cheers Richie, i'll go look for it. Oh and thanks bud. I saw it, fell in love, and put deposit down when we'd finished the test drive. The week in between was the longest of my life!

A product such as zaino or Finish Kare #425 are anti static and will resist dust far more than a raditional wax or sealant. I it rains it rains but if it stays dry your car will look the same. I washed mine on Sunday and 200 miles later (no rain) it looks exactly the same :)

www.advancedcarproducts.co.uk